Monday 4 December 2017

Tanya's Christmas Review


I'm not one to jump at the latest YouTuber book release, but when I heard about Tanya's Christmas, I was very excited. I've been subscribed to Tanya Burr's YouTube channel for quite a few years now, and her Vlogmas videos are probably my favourites to watch, mainly because her love of all things festive is so infectious. Every year, when I watch her video from her annual Christmas party, I think I'd love to be able to host a gathering like that one day, so I was really interested to read her take on Christmas, and what tips she had to offer.

I think this is probably one of the few YouTuber books that someone is going to love even if they're not a fan of the YouTuber themselves. Any Christmas lover is going to find this book useful, whether they've heard of Tanya or not, though I did like the personal touch of Tanya sharing some of her own Christmas traditions and stories. It's packed full of every festive topic you could think of, from gift guides to, what made Tanya famous, party hair and makeup tutorials. There's even festive playlist featuring Tanya's favourite Christmas songs, which would be useful if you're hosting a party during December.


There's a great little DIY section, which has got all sorts of step by step guides to making various different decorations, as well as handmade gifts and personalised wrapping. This has inspired me to create a few festive pieces myself this year, rather than just buying everything.


The biggest section, which will come as no surprise if you are a fan of Tanya, is the baking section. There are so many yummy treats to choose from, ranging from the super simple to the slightly more complex, so there's something for everyone to choose from. The white chocolate cake looks absolutely divine, and I'm going to give it a go when I've got a bit of spare time.


I was expecting good things from this book and it didn't disappoint. I read it from cover to cover within a couple of days, but it's something I've continuously referred back to since I bought it. If you know a Christmas lover, I'd definitely recommend this as a gift for them, though personally I'd say buy it now so that you can make the most of it this year!


No comments :

Post a Comment