Saturday 9 December 2017

Our Home At Christmas

If you follow me on Instagram you'll know that as soon as December hit, I started decorating my house for Christmas. I would've done it sooner if I could, but I don't think my husband would've been impressed! The trees went up on December 1st, and I've been adding other little finishing touches in the week since. So, this is what my house looks like this Christmas.




First off we have the main tree in the living room. Last year, the first tree we bought as a couple broke when we got it out of the box, so we replaced it with a pre-lit one, which I have to say is so much better. Putting the lights on was the one part I hated about decorating the tree, so I'm glad we got rid of that task. My colour scheme for the tree has never changed, it's mostly silver with hints of gold - plus an alpaca that my mother in law bought for my husband! Speaking of my mother in law, she buys us a new bauble every year, and I've pictured some of my favourites below. Unfortunately I have no idea where they are from with them being gifts.


You may have seen on Instagram that Oliver has his own tree. It was a tradition in my husbands family that the children have their own tree in their bedrooms to decorate, and we wanted to carry that on, even though he's too young to decorate it himself at the moment! He has lots of personalised baubles, including some baby's first Christmas ones, some of which have been added after the photo was taken. We've gone with the traditional red, green & gold theme this time, and the tree was an absolute steal at £5 from Wilko.


One December tradition we've had since we moved in together is to have festive bedding in our bedroom. Some years we've reused the same as the previous year, but this time we went for something new. We usually have grey & white bed covers throughout the year, so I wanted to stick to the same colour scheme, and found this set in B&M for £19.99. It's brushed cotton, which I've never had before, and wow it's so soft. We also bought grey brushed cotton sheets and extra pillowcases to go with it.


If you read my Christmas bucket list post, you'll know that I wanted to buy something this year to decorate the hallway. We opted for a garland to run up the staircase, which we bought from Argos, along with some snowflake lights for the living room window. They look pretty, but don't cover the entire window, so I may go back for another set.




1 comment :

  1. Looks amazing! That christmas bedding is perfect! Looking forward to making my flat look all christmassy x
    Alice

    ReplyDelete