Saturday 23 December 2017

My Christmas Favourites


I can't believe Christmas Day is almost here. I've had the most amazing time being off work this year and enjoying the entire build up with my little boy! Today I thought I'd share with you some of my festive favourites, feel free to share yours in the comments too!



Film - Elf, it had to be, it's an absolute classic. It's always the first film I watch to get me in the mood for Christmas.

Song - Merry Christmas Everyone by Shakin Stevens. It's such an upbeat song, you can't help but dance along when it comes on.

Food - Mince pies, not very Slimming World friendly, but if you can't indulge now, when can you? I you read my Christmas traditions post, you'll know that my favourites are the Sainsbury's bakery ones that my Gran buys every year.

Drink - White hot chocolate from Costa. They took this off the festive menu a couple of years ago, and my friend & I were gutted! We tried some of the other drinks available but nothing else compared. Turns out that when we asked, they actually still have the ingredients to make one for you if you want one, woohoo!

Scent - Christmas Memories by Yankee Candle. This to me is Christmas in a jar! It's got a lovely warm, spicy scent to it, and reminds me of a combination of mince pies & gingerbread!

TV special - Gavin & Stacey, this is one of my all time favourite series anyway, and the Christmas special was fab - I can't believe it's already 9 years old! I particularly live the reference to Coventry City, my football team, that did make us laugh!

Christmas ad - The Bear & The Hare by John Lewis. It makes me well up every time! The fact that the hare bought the bear an alarm clock as he didn't want him to miss out on Christmas, and the bears face when he sees the tree, it's lovely!

Makeup product - My Charlotte Tilbury Fallen Angel eyeshadow palette. It was a Christmas edition, and the shades are perfect for this time of year. If you read my December makeup menu post, you'll know this what I've recently been using on my eyes.

Christmas memory - One year when I was a child, we had a power cut on Christmas Eve, right before Emmerdale was about to start if I remember correctly! We got out the candles and torches, and had a marathon of Frustration games all together as a family, it was great fun, much better than slobbing in front of the tv all evening. Luckily the power came back before bedtime though!

Childhood gift - I'm torn between two for this. The first being a robot I got when I was about 4, which came with a load of different question cards which you would slot in and try to answer - I can't remember what it was called! The second was from my early teens, my Nokia 3310! Everyone had this phone back in the day, and I was so excited to get mine. Unfortunately my parents lost me to hours of games of Snake after that!

Part of the Christmas build up - It was to be wrapping presents, I love it! When my sister was heavily pregnant in December, I even wrapped her presents for her as I enjoy it so much! I love giving gifts, so the process for putting them all together and getting them ready for the big day is always enjoyable.

Part of Christmas Day - Christmas dinner at my Gran's house. I usually go overboard on everything, but it's just so delicious! My favourite part has to be the pigs in blankets, and of course everything has to be swimming in gravy!

Whats are your Christmas favourites?


No comments :

Post a Comment