Tuesday 5 December 2017

Easy Handmade Christmas Cards


I really wanted to make a few handmade Christmas cards this year. A few years ago, I made cards for every single member of my family, spending a tonne on card stock and embellishments, and sitting down for hours on end to put them together. This year, however, I didn't have a great deal of time, having to squeeze it in to Oliver's nap time, and I had a much smaller budget, so I decided to simplify things and make just a few, with a much simpler but still creative design. After scouring the internet for inspiration, I liked the idea of fingerprint designs, and settled on reindeers. This is how I made them...



So I said I wanted something affordable - it cost me just over a fiver to buy the pieces I didn't already have, all from Hobbycraft:


You'll also need some craft glue and a black fine marker pen, if you don't already have either of those.

These cards also took me minimal time to make, so I was able to get all of them done during one of Oliver's nap times. This was crucial, as I don't have a lot of free time whilst I have someone else around to watch him - and of course he's too young at the moment to get involved!

First off, I used the brown ink pad to create three thumb prints in the middle of each of the cards, to be the faces of the reindeers.


Then, I used the black pen to draw on the antlers & to write the words "Merry Christmas" underneath the reindeers.


Finally, I glued a pair of googly eyes, and a red pom pom for the nose, onto each of the reindeers. And that was it - super simple, but something a little bit fun.


If you fancy making your own Christmas cards this year, I've also linked below a few other great but easy ideas that I came across, to give you a little more inspiration.



No comments :

Post a Comment