Wednesday 8 November 2017

Recent Beauty Favourites


Usually I have real trouble when it comes to beauty favourites, trying to narrow down my new purchases, but I have to say I've not really bought too many new things over the last few months, so it was pretty easy to select just a few new products I've been enjoying recently.


Garnier Oil Infused Micellar Water I love the original Garnier micellar water, it's been my makeup remover of choice for years now, so when I saw an oil infused version had been released I really wanted to give it a go, but wanted to use up my current stash first. I picked this up a few months ago and really like it. It does leave my skin feeling more nourished than the original, but doesn't leave a horrible oily texture behind. It does, however, have a lingering scent, which I personally like but may not be for everyone.


Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette I missed out on the pre sale for this, which I was gutted about, but snapped it up as soon as it went on general sale. The shades are absolutely stunning and very on trend. There's a few matte light browns at the start of the palette, which make for a great everyday eye, but my favourite shade is Dirty Talk, a gorgeous metallic copper shade.

IT Cosmetics CC Cream This product has received a lot of hype in the blogging world, which is what persuaded me to buy it. I have to say it's well justified. It's nice, lightweight and hydrating, giving me the perfect amount of coverage for my everyday makeup. The only time I've reached for an alternative base has been when I've wanted something full coverage for a night out.

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Double Dare I very rarely buy a colour makeup product without swatching it first, and I'm glad this was the case when it came to these lipsticks. I'd been keen to try these lipsticks for so long, and had a shade range as long as my arm on my wishlist, but I wanted to wait until I could get to a store (which are rare in the UK) before committing. Luckily Birmingham Debenhams starting stocking Kat Von D this year so I popped along and filled my hand with swatches, only to find the one shade that I actually liked! Despite that initial disappointment, I am really happy with my purchase. The lipstick dries down to a matte finish pretty quickly, which is great for if I'm applying in a hurry, yet it doesn't dry out my lips. It's also got the best staying power I've ever experienced from a liquid lipstick. I just wish there were more shades that I liked!

The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Shower Cream I've already repurchased this product and I'm desperately getting low again. I bought a few bits from the Almond Milk & Honey range way back when I was still pregnant and whilst some bits were not so impressive (namely the bath milk), I really love the shower cream. It has a nice consistency which is lovely and nourishing on the skin, my bump loved it! It leaves a nice subtle sweet scent behind on the skin, as well as leaving it lovely and soft all day long. I really want to try the body butter next.

Herbal Essences Bio Renew Argan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner My most recent of the purchases, which I spotted on offer when popping into Boots to restock on shampoo recently. As it was half price, I decided to give it a go. My hair has been in bad condition for a while, even more so since having a baby - I've just not had the time to look after it properly. It may seem mad, but I felt a difference in my hair right away after the first use. It felt a lot softer, and very silky. I've still only used it a handful of times, but I'm loving the results it's giving at the moment. It's by no means a miracle worker, but it's taken my hair from absolutely horrendous to a semi decent state in just a few washes.

Have you got any new beauty purchases to recommend?



No comments :

Post a Comment