Sunday 19 November 2017

Lush Sleepy Body Lotion Review


I've been a really bad sleeper ever since my early teens. Every night without fail, as soon as my head hit the pillow, my mind would be racing with things I need to do and remember, or something that has been troubling me would suddenly pop back into my head, and that would be it, I'd be lying their for hours, wishing my brain would just switch off. I tried changing up my pre bed routine from time to time, banning technology after a certain time, slowing myself down by reading or colouring, which helped to a certain extent, but I would still never fall asleep particularly quickly, and I would still often wake in the night. Back in the days when I could nap whenever I got home if needed, this wasn't such an issue, but looking after a baby all day is exhausting, and I can't just rest whenever I want. Since Oliver started sleeping through the night, I thought it would be best to start taking advantage of it and try to start getting as much sleep at night as I could. This is where the Lush Sleepy Body Lotion comes in...




It was actually my husband that suggested buying this product. He'd heard so much hype around it, and read many a rave review online that he thought it couldn't hurt to give it a go. I, on the other hand, was a little more sceptical. I didn't see how just a cream could make me fall asleep, but I was willing to try.

The lotion smells lovely. I'm a big fan of lavender scented products anyway, and this one has quite a heavy smell to it, which some may not be a fan of, but I guess it has to be strong to have the desired effect. I apply it quite generously over my body, particularly my upper body so as to pick up as much of the scent as possible. I don't know what it is, but I instantly feel relaxed once I've applied it. Once I've climbed into bed I can feel my eyes getting heavy. Whilst I do still get the odd thought creep into my mind, it's as if I'm too tired to even entertain them.

When I first started using this lotion, I was tracking my sleep using my Fitbit, and the difference is results from days prior was incredible. Instead of hours thinking, and scrolling through my phone, I was always asleep within twenty minutes, and would go through the night until Oliver woke me up at around 8am. On days when I didn't use the lotion, I would notice the difference, and I'd be back to my disturbed sleeping patterns again. I really couldn't believe that after years of using oils, sprays and temple balms, there actually was a product out there that could help me sleep.

It's quite a pricey product, with a small pot being £7.95, or the bigger one which I have at £13.95, but I would definitely buy it again if it means I can get some decent sleep.

No comments :

Post a Comment