Wednesday 18 January 2017

High End Products Worth Splashing Out On


I really like saving up and making a high end makeup purchase. The packaging always seems prettier and more luxurious, and there's just something so satisfying about walking away with that new designer purchase. Don't get me wrong though, there's a few pricier purchases that I've been less happy with, and plenty of drugstore items I've loved just as much, so it can be tricky to know when to splurge out, or when to save your pennies on a cheaper alternative. Here are my top higher end purchases that I've loved and would definitely make again.


One of my newest foundation purchases has been the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation, which I picked up with my birthday money. Some people had said it was a little too heavy for them, and whilst it is one of the higher coverage foundations I own, I still find it comfortable to wear. It covers up blemishes really well, and I love the semi-matte finish it gives to the skin. It's also got a really decent wear time too, so well worth the money.

Speaking of Miss Tilbury, I think the Charlotte Tilbury Lipsicks have taken over from MAC lippies as my new makeup obsession. The packaging is just gorgeous and I absolutely love the shade range, particularly in the Hot Lips collection. Her matte lipsticks are my favourite to wear, as they're just so creamy and comfortable. More expensive than MAC unfortunately, but we can't have it all!

I don't think any brand has ever beaten Urban Decay in terms of the quality of their eyeshadows, in my opinion. Many have tried to lure me away in the past, but the Urban Decay Naked Palette will forever remain a favourite in my collection. The shade range is spot on for my tastes, and the shadows themselves are so buttery smooth, they last all day and are easy to blend. The packaging may not be the prettiest around, but this palette is definitely worth investing in.

One product I am always repurchasing (or in some cases luckily have it repurchased for me) is the YSL Babydoll Mascara. I've raved about this is recent posts already, so I won't go on too much, but this is the best mascara I've used for giving my lashes length and definition. It kills me that it costs so much, especially as mascara in general doesn't last that long, but it's worth it.

One high end product I didn't really "get" for a long time was the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. There was so much hype surrounding these when they first came out, but I didn't see why I would ever need them. However, after receiving them as a gift a couple of Christmases ago, I can see why people love them so much. They're not just a regular setting power, they give a really nice glow to the skin, and make you look, to sound terribly cliched, lit from within. Most of the time I use these just as subtle highlighting powders, but if I'm feeling daring, I'll occasionally use them almost all over the face.

What are your favourite high end makeup purchases?




No comments :

Post a Comment