Sunday 1 January 2017

7 Things I'm Looking Forward To In 2017


Happy New Year everyone!! I hope you all had a great time celebrating last night, whatever you did, and you're not paying too much for it this morning! As you can imagine it was a bit more of a sober affair for me, just having a nice evening with my friends & husband, but it was still lovely.

I've seen loads of "Goals for 2017" posts popping up in my feed over the last few days. I did consider writing once of those myself, but I always end up looking back at the end of the year & realising I've barely done anything I set out to do, and my goals always end up being really samey. I think also with so many big changes coming up in my life this year already, I don't want to push myself into committing to anything else - I'm just going to take each day as it comes. Instead I decided to write a post about the things I know will be happening this year and that I absolutely can't wait for. 2017 is gonna kick 2016's ass!!


1. Meeting my little boy This absolutely had to be number one on my list! 2016 seems to have gone so quickly yet I feel like I've been pregnant forever - I'm not quite sure how that works! I can't wait to meet the little man I've been growing for the past six months (and who's been poking and kicking me to a good few months now, still feels strange every time) and becoming a mother. I've recently entered my third trimester, so I'll be getting a second trimester update up for you next week if you're interested.

2. Spending time on my blog Once number 1 on my list comes along, I'm not sure how much time I'll actually have to do this, but in the meantime I can't wait to get stuck into the list of ideas I've been sitting on for quite a while. I won't be committing to a specific blogging schedule this year, but I do know I want to be on here as much as I possibly can. I may even have a little play around with the design if I get the chance, as there's a few things I'd like so tweak. So many ideas, so little time!

3. Starting my weight loss journey again I'm not exactly going to be in any rush to do this, but with it looking like I'll be giving birth in March, I'll have nine months to get this started before the end of the year. I'll definitely be taking the slow and steady approach with my weight loss this time, but I'm on a mission not to let things get out of control again. I'll still be following Slimming World so you can look forward to those posts coming back later in the year.

4. Starting a new Project Life album I've had this idea in my head since way before I even got pregnant. I always knew that when I had a baby I wanted to put together a Project Life album to document their first years, as I think it would be such a lovely thing to look back on later in life - even if he's not bothered! I'm not sure how good I'll be at keeping this up to date, particularly at the start, but I received the Baby Boy Mini Kit as one of my Christmas gifts which will come in handy. I'll be keeping you up to date with my progress on that!

5. Decluttering the house I already made a big start on this in 2016, but there's still a way to go so that the spare room is ready to become my son's nursery. Looking at all of the jobs we have left to do is a little overwhelming but I'm sure it will come together eventually, and I can see this decluttering lark becoming a regular thing as he will be growing out of things so quickly. There's something very therapeutic about getting rid of your unused things and being left with a tidier space.

6. Creating new opportunities As I've already mentioned, I'm going to be experiencing quite a few major changes in my life this year, some of which I can't talk about at the moment, but I'm going to be using this experience to create new opportunities for myself and my family, to ensure they all come with a positive outcome. 2016, becoming pregnant aside, wasn't exactly great and I'm going to make sure history doesn't repeat itself this year.

7. Living on less You might think I'm crazy for writing this one - who wants to have to live off less money?! But obviously with me going on maternity leave very soon, and the wage drop that comes with it, we are going to have to tighten our purse strings a little and watch what we are spending our money on. Rather than see this as a negative thing, I'm actually quite looking forward to the challenge and I think I can learn a lot from it. Let's see if I'm still saying that in six months time!

What are you looking forward to this year?




2 comments :

  1. I'm glad you are loving forward to 2017, you have a wonderful positive outlook.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete