Wednesday 4 January 2017

2017 Reading List


I think most years recently I've set myself a goal to read X amount of books by the time the next year comes around, and I've mostly failed with this! The thing is, I love books and I love to read, but I never seem to find the time to actually sit down and get lost in one. It could prove pretty challenging to get through a huge list of books once I've given birth, so I think setting myself a target just five for this year should be manageable, but of course I'd love to add a few more to the pile if I can.


The Little Book Of Hygge by Meik Wiking

I heard so much about hygge towards the end of 2016. Having gotten the gist of what it was all about from the posts and pictures I'd seen online, I decided to pick this up as a post Christmas treat to myself to learn a little bit more about how I can implement this into my own life. I've already made a start on this book and so far I'm really enjoying it, and really want to make my life a little more hygge. Hopefully it will make me a bit calmer too!

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
I've had this book sat on my shelf for a really long time, I think even since before the film came out, yet it still remains unread. I've not seen the film yet, I'd much rather read the book first so I'd better get a move on and see if I enjoy it enough to pick up the DVD too. I've heard good things about this book so hopefully it will be an enjoyable read.

The Widow by Fiona Barton
I'm a sucker for a Richard & Judy Book Club book, so much so that my dad used to take the mickey out of me for it! My husband & I decided to pick up a book each when they were on offer in WH Smith last year, and both books remain untouched! The Widow looked like quite an intriguing read, with a lot of people comparing it to Gone Girl - which is probably what made me opt for it over the others!

Keep Calm: The New Mum's Manual by Dr Ellie Cannon
My sister gave me this book, along with What To Expect When You're Expecting, not long after I told her I was pregnant. Now I'm feeling pretty clued up on the pregnancy side of things, it's time to start learning about what I actually need to do when the baby arrives. As I'm already into my third trimester now, I should probably get a move on with reading this one!

#Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso
Loads of people have said they've found this book really inspirational, and I'm hoping that reading it will give me the kick up the backside I need to get out there and achieve whatever I want to do once my maternity leave period has finished.

What will you be reading this year?


4 comments :

  1. I've seen the Hygge book around a lot lately. I'm interested to hear a bit more about it.

    I was given 'What to expect when you're expecting' when I was pregnant and it was a great help, I've not heard of the new mums manual but any extra information is definitely helpful when you're waiting for the baby to arrive.



    Jenn

     Photo-Jenn-ic 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll be writing a post about the Hygge book when I've finished, it's really interesting x

      Delete
  2. Gone Girl is on my list to and also Milk and Honey which is meant to be such a beautiful book of poems!

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Milk & Honey, it sounds lovely x

      Delete