Monday 28 November 2016

Baby Gender Reveal & Mini Haul


This post is a very long time coming - I've actually known about this for nearly 8 weeks,,,,and had another scan since! Life has kind of gotten in the way a bit recently, so sitting down to blog has been the last thing on my mind. But I said I'd do a gender reveal post and here it is - better late than never...
If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram (or just know me personally!), this is probably old news to you, but we are having a BOY!!

To say I was shocked is an understatement. Instinct told me very early on that I was carrying a little boy, but family history (the only boy in three generations on my Mum's side was born 23 years ago!) made me not want to believe it could possibly be true.

I'm not saying I'd have been disappointed if it was a girl, far from it. After all, baby girls are all I really know & what's most important is a healthy happy baby. But I am so excited to be expecting a boy, and I know he is very much wanted. So many people on my Mum's side are so happy we've finally managed to break the mould, and this will be a first Grandson for both sets of parents.

Of course we have done loads of shopping since. Straight after the scan we headed over to JoJo Maman Bebe, which is literally down the road from where we had our scan! There are so many beautiful things in there, but I had to restrain myself, as it's a little more pricey than the likes of Mothercare. As well as the sleepsuits below, we also managed to bag a Ewan the Sheep (which I've heard is an absolute lifesaver) thanks to my Dad. I'm thinking the elephant outfit will be the first thing we put him in after he's born.



After clearing out the Boots neutral baby range before the gender scan, I was really keen to see what they had on offer in the boys clothing section. I absolutely adore the pieces we picked up below, especially the teddy sleepsuit. We also got the matching booties from the range,


Obviously as this post was meant to go up so long ago, we've accumulated a lot more than this since, but I thought I'd show you just some of the first pieces we picked for him. I'm thinking of doing a little wardrobe tour as we get closer to the due date. I'm only a few weeks away from the end of my second trimester now, so I'm thinking the next you'll hear from me pregnancy wise will be the second trimester update - I can't believe how fast the pregnancy has been going since my first scan!


2 comments :

  1. Congratulations!! I'm having a boy too and i enter my third trimester in a few days. Its all going so fast!! Its scary but exciting!

    <3
    http://perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & congratulations to you too :)
      You're a bit further ahead than me then, you'll have to let me know all about your experiences so I can prepare haha! xx

      Delete