Thursday 2 June 2016

What's In My Makeup Bag - Anniversary Break


As I mentioned in yesterday's update post, it was our 2nd wedding anniversary this week, and my husband & I decided to stay overnight in Birmingham. As we were only away for one night, I did pack pretty light, but I thought I'd share with you that makeup that I packed to wear when we went out for dinner in the evening.

There were a couple of staples that I packed in my makeup bag. I don't go anywhere at the moment without the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer and Benefit Gimme Brow. Both have been mentioned a tonne on this blog, so I don't need to go into any detail as to why I love them, but they just had to come with me. For my base, I decided to go back to an old favourite that I haven't been giving that much love to recently. I love the flawless finish that the Revlon Colourstay Foundation gives, and it has just that little bit extra coverage that I'd want on a night out.

Another old favourite that I'm giving another outing to is the MAC Mineralise Skin Finish in Stereo Rose. I became quite precious about this for a while as it was a limited edition product, but what's the point in buying it if I'm not going to use it?! One of the newest additions to my makeup collection has been the Maybelline Master Sculpt. The makeup artist at my sisters wedding all the way back in August used this on my face and I absolutely loved it. It's taken me a while to get it into my own makeup collection, so now that I have, I had to start using it.

Another new product that I've been testing out on my eyes is the Rosie For Autograph Eyeshadow Palette in I Feel Like A Million Dollars. I'm not going to say too much about this, as I've got a review coming up very soon, but it's gorgeous and absolutely perfect for travelling. To add a bit more of a smokey look to my eyes, I packed my Charlotte Tilbury Rock N Kohl in Barbarella Brown, and my mascara of choice when I went something a little more dramatic is always the YSL Babydoll Mascara. This always makes my lashes look incredible.

I wasn't really sure what lipstick to pack. I knew I wanted to go for something quite neutral, as I had a lot going on in the eye area. I didn't want to do what I always end up doing and packing a tonne of different options and just bulking out my makeup bag with lip products. In the end I opted for my gorgeous new Tom Ford Lipstick in Pink Dusk, which is the name would suggest is a beautiful pink toned nude. It worked really well with the eye makeup I went for, and was something a little more luxurious for a special occasion.


No comments :

Post a Comment