Wednesday 1 June 2016

This Was May


So I thought with my return to blogging I'd also bring back the monthly updates, but with a bit of a twist - let me know what you think to this new format! May was a pretty good month for me. The weather has warmed up a little after the miserable start to spring we had, and I've been making the most of the sunshine and being back in my hometown. I didn't really get up to many exciting things, but it's been an enjoyable month all the same.



Five Things I've Done:

1. Had a blog makeover Not a complete overhaul, but I wanted to make a few tweaks before I started up my blog again, and I'm much happier with it now. I feel it's a lot fresher and tidier. I have to say making these changes have made me a lot more IT savvy too!

2. Sorted through my wardrobe It was finally time to sort through my clothes and have the switch over from winter to spring attire. Once again, a lot of my clothes ended up going into charity bags, but I did discover a few gems from last summer that I'd completely forgotten about & can't wait to wear again. There's something really therapeutic about having a good clear out.

3. Clothes shopping Having left myself with so much space in my wardrobe, it was only a matter of time before I was on a mission to start filling it again. I went into town with my friend Alison, which was lovely as we were able to walk in from her house. You can see some of the damage done in this haul post, but I also have a pretty big Primark haul coming up soon too!

4. Went to the park with my family One great thing about being back in my hometown is that I am only a five minute walk away from a really big park. Plus I'm really close to most of my family again, so it's great for meeting up and spending quality time with them. We decided to make the most of the good weather and head off to Abbey Fields. It's always great to spend time with my niece, whose now almost six months old and is growing up more and more each time I see her.

5. Celebrated our anniversary Yesterday was mine & my husbands second wedding anniversary. He wanted to treat me to a shopping trip, so we decided to head to Birmingham as it's pretty local, and I've fallen in love with the new Grand Central shopping area at New Street station. We decided to make a full day of it and stayed over at the AC Hotel by The Mailbox, and had dinner in one of our favourite restaurants, Zizzi.

Five Things That Made Me Happy:

1. Warmer weather at last It's had it's ups and downs this month, but finally we are starting to see the beginning of summer. I was beginning to think I'd never see the day I'd be able to put my jumpers away! It had been so cold and miserable during April that I was so happy to finally see the sunshine.

2. Blogging again I can see now that my blogging break was much needed, but I am so happy to be back, I've been buzzing with ideas and have enjoyed every aspect of putting a blog post together. I feel like I've got my blogging mojo back and I hope it continues for a long time.

3. Leicester City winning the Premier League Yes, I'm a football fan. Not a Leicester fan, but I'm still really happy that they were able to defy the odds and win the league. It gives hope to every team in the country that this is possible if you work hard together as a team.

4. Bank Holidays The best thing about May has to be the fact that there's two bank holidays! I've not had any annual leave at work (until yesterday of course!) for a very long time as we've been so busy, so those extra days off have been very welcome.

5. Costa Strawberries & Cream Cooler No doubt super high in syns but soooo tasty!! These are definitely going to be my favourite treat for the summer. They are so cool and refreshing, though they do give you brain freeze if you're not careful!

Beauty Product Of The Month:  Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colour in Seduction This was the nude shade that was featured in my post here. I've had so much use out of this since I bought them, it's a really nice wearable everyday colour. I'm loving the matte lip look at the moment, but these are also so comfortable to wear.

Recipe Of The Month: Nacho Style Feast I recently featured this on the blog here. It's such a tasty and filling Slimming World recipe that feels like a naughty treat but, if you're using the cheese as your Healthy Extra, it's completely syn free. I've been making it practically every week since I discovered it.

Song Of The Month: Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling Just a really nice feel good track that you can't help bopping along to. Every time this comes on the radio I can't help doing a little dance in the car. He also stole the show at Eurovision when he performed this.

Blog Of The Month: From Roses This blog is just simply stunning - I have major blog envy! The layout is so simple yet beautiful, and the photography is absolutely stunning. Rebecca produces a great mix of lifestyle, fashion and beauty, with some great tips in there too. I always find myself clicking on her posts no matter what the topic.

I'd love to know what you guys have been up to and what you've been enjoying during May.


No comments :

Post a Comment