Saturday 18 June 2016

My New Favourite Eyeshadow Palette


Quite a bold claim to make, I know, but certainly in terms of travel makeup this little quad fits the bill nicely. I'd never tried any makeup from M&S before, it seemed to be quite expensive for what it actually was, so it had never tempted me before. But, with so many people raving about the Rosie for Autograph collection, it thought I'd take a look at least. This beauty, the "I Feel Like A Million Dollars" palette, caught my eye straight away, and I was really pleasantly surprised after swatching it. It was so pretty I had to have it, and I have to say the name is very apt.




Lets face it, Rose Huntington-Whiteley was onto a winner with the packaging for this range alone. No beauty lover can resist the lure of some pretty rose gold casing. It's so damn reflective that it's a pain to photograph, but I can forgive her for that! But it was the shades in this quad that really drew me in. Such gorgeous, sophisticated neutral shades, all with a hint of shimmer to them, perfect for building from day to night.

I first took this baby for a test run when I my husband & I went away for our wedding anniversary and it's been in regular use ever since. I'm not saying it's got everything you're ever going to need, it's only a quad after all, but it's perfect for just popping in your makeup bag for a trip away, or quickly grabbing from your stash when you want a quick, fuss free neutral eye look. For a quad, it's actually quite big, but that shadows inside are a really good size, so you're getting a lot of product for your money, plus it's still quite sleek & slim, so good for travel and it comes with a big mirror in the lid which is always handy.


The shadows are really good quality. The pigmentation is great, which is what pushed me into buying the palette. They aren't quite as buttery smooth as the likes of Urban Decay, but they are still really easy to apply and blendable. I'd actually quite liken them to the Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadows, but around half the price! I cannot get enough of this palette, it's become a real staple in my makeup routine.

The palette retails for £18.00, which I did gasp at on first look, but if I was buying a quad from one of the counters in Selfridges, I wouldn't think twice about paying much more than that for the same thing, and the quality is just as good. If you haven't tried anything from the Rosie for Autograph range yet, I'd urge you to go and take a look at this palette.


2 comments :

  1. This looks so much like the Charlotte tilbury palette!

    So gorgeous! Lovely post!

    Francesca xx
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

    ReplyDelete