Thursday 19 May 2016

Vlogs - Why I Love Them & My Favourites


I've been watching YouTube videos for years now. One of my favourite things to do on a lazy day is to snuggle up in bed with my iPad and make a serious dent in my Watch Later list. I've found that recently my Watch Later is being taken up more and more by vlogs as opposed to the typical beauty & fashion sit down videos that I used to watch so often. So why do I love them so much? And who do I enjoy watching?


I guess one reason would be that I'm just plain nosey! There's something about getting an insight into other people's lives that's so intriguing. I love seeing what other people are getting up to. Another is that you almost feel like you could be there with them, like you're their friend that's come along on their journey. The most engaging vloggers make you feel like they are having a chat with you the whole way through, like you're a part of your life and what's going on at that very moment.

Vlogs are increasingly growing in popularity, and I can see why. It's like tuning into a soap opera every day or week, but without all of the far-fetched drama. I've often considered starting a vlog channel myself, but I really do think my life is far too boring for anyone to be interested! For now I'll just stick to watching, and here are some of my favourites that I never miss out on.



These are a real marmite family - you're gonna love them or absolutely hate them. They can get a lot of hate at times, but I personally still love watching them after over three years as a subscriber. They vlog every day, so I can sometimes get a little lost with what's going on, but I always make sure I catch up. They've become really popular, and get a lot of opportunities that smaller vloggers don't get, which some say makes them less relatable, but I still find it interesting to see how the "other half" live. Plus their kids are adorable!




Brogan's been vlogging for quite a while now, but I only discovered her channel earlier this year, which I'm gutted about cos she's a great vlogger and I feel like I've missed out on so much! She's a really honest and genuine girl, who tells it how it is and isn't afraid to wear her heart on her sleeve. She can get a little TMI at times, but I just love that she's confident enough to tell the world these things! I was shocked to find out just how young she is - she's got a much older head on her shoulders, I would've put her at around the same age as me!




I've been a long time subscriber to Amelia's channel so I was really excited when she started doing weekly vlogs. She's such an upbeat and positive person, you can't help but smile when you watch her. Being a luxury lifestyle blogger, I often get insanely jealous of some of the things she gets up to, especially when she's off on her travels, but she's an extremely down to earth girl, and I love her most when she's sat on the sofa in her pjs chatting away to the camera!

If you've got any vlog channel recommendations for me I'd love to take a look!


2 comments :

  1. Love SacconeJolys as well! Such a sweet family :) So many fab YouTubers out there & I defo appreciate those who do something differently ����
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are aren't they, often misunderstood at times I think :) xx

      Delete