Saturday 7 May 2016

Tanya Burr Rosy Flush Cheek Palette


I don't often buy blogger/YouTuber products. In fact, with the exception of my Real Techniques brushes, the only products I recall buying in the past have in fact been Tanya Burr products. A lot of the products I feel are aimed towards a much younger audience than myself, but when I spotted this palette set on the shelf in Superdrug, I took a quick look inside and loved what I saw.




It's an ideal palette to use as a travel cheek kit, ideal for this time of year with the choice of spring appropriate shades. The packaging is a little bulkier than I'd like, but it's still good for on the go, and comes with a mirror in the lid, which is always handy.

The bronzer, Beach Bronze, is a really good colour. It looked at little scarily dark for my fair skin at first swatch, but it blends out really nicely, so you don't end up looking orange at all. It's got a slight shimmer to it, so I don't think I'd ever use it as a contour shade, but it's great for giving an all over glow. I like that this is larger than the blush & highlighter pans too, as it's the product you're most likely to use more of during each application.

The blush is probably my favourite part of the palette, as it's just the type of shade I'd typically reach for. Pretty Peony is a beautiful rosy pink shade. Again it's got a hint of shimmer to it, but it's barely noticeable on the skin, and just gives you a nice healthy glowy look.

Oyster Shell, the highlighter of the palette was a real surprise to me. I don't tend to reach for really white toned highlighters, I'm much more to a champagne kinda girl, but this does look really stunning on the cheekbones, as well as an inner corner highlight for my eyes. It's got some sparkle to it, but doesn't look OTT, and compliments the blush really nicely.


All of the products in the palette have just the right pigmentation to them, and are easily buildable and blendable, plus the wear time is really good. I think Tanya's done a really good job with the palette and would highly recommend it if you're looking for an affordable all in one cheek compact. It's available from Superdrug for just £8.


No comments :

Post a Comment