Sunday 8 May 2016

Slimming World Sunday - My DIY Recipe File


I think one of the keys to Slimming World success is to make sure you've always got inspiration to hand when you're completely lacking in ideas and are bored of eating the same old meals week in week out. It's always good to try something new now and again to keep interest in the plan. I used to keep a stack of my Slimming World magazines in my bedroom to dip into whenever I needed some recipe ideas, but it wasn't exactly the greatest filing system in the world. It took up a lot of room, and took a lot of flicking through to find something that took my fancy. It was time my stacks of magazines went off to the recycling, so I needed a new plan to make sure I still had my inspiration to hand.


With the collection I'd managed to build up, it took quite some time, but I flicked through all of the Slimming World magazines I had and ripped out all of the recipes that I liked the look of. I had this pretty butterfly folder already, which housed all of my wedding planning bits and pieces, which of course I didn't need anymore, so I decided to put it to good use again.

my favourite veg pasta recipe
Delicious looking pizza - I still need to try this!
Part of my desserts section
Now every time a new magazine comes out, I go through the previous one and repeat the process of ripping out recipes I want to try. Having all of the recipes I actually like all in one place makes meal planning a lot easier, as I don't have to sift through all of the unappealing ones just to find something I'd enjoy. The next phase is to sort everything into categories, so that if I really fancy a particular type of dish it's much easier to find. I already have my desserts and snacks separated, but I'd like to categorise the mains by meat, poultry, veg, etc.


No comments :

Post a Comment