Sunday 22 May 2016

Slimming World Sunday - Back To Basics


I am going to be completely honest with you now. I've really struggled with any kind of Slimming World plan these last few weeks. In order to maintain my weight after reaching target, I was going to have one evening off plan, and stick to it 100% for the rest of the week. Well.....so far that has not been the case! One evening, turns into a whole day, which turns into a whole weekend, you get the picture. At the moment I'm a couple of pounds outside of my target range and I'm determined to stop it there. I don't want to go back to how I was, so this week I'm making an effort to get back into target range, or as near as I possibly can.

I'm doing that by completely going back to basics, as if I was a new member all over again, I've given my Food Optimising book a thorough read and will be treating this week as my first ever week. To make sure I get the best possible result I can this week, I'm going to be following the Slimming World plan 100%, which includes:

Having a third speed food at least! Sometimes I just wing it and guess that there's a third speed on my plate with every meal, but this week I'm going to make sure I can definitely see that there's a third there, maybe sometimes more. I'm also going to start snacking on speed foods again. I used to be so good at this, but I've really slacked off since hitting target.

Measuring & weighing healthy extra and syns I'm not so bad with my healthy extras, I usually do weigh those out, but I'm terrible when it comes to sauces with my meals, such as ketchup. I just squeeze out what looks like a tablespoon and call it a syn, who knows if I'm actually right?!

15 syns a day I'm going to try to aim for around 10 on most days, but if I need more I'll have them. I will definitely not be going over the upper limit of 15 a day though. I think this is what I'll find hardest as I've developed a real sweet tooth recently. Hopefully lots of fruit and choc shot will curb the cravings!

Bite it, write it I'm not going to keep a proper Slimming World food diary with all the different columns, but I will be writing down everything I eat as I eat it each day, so that I can keep track of my syns and make sure I'm eating enough speed foods. It's easy to forget that biscuit you ate four hours ago if you've got no record of it anywhere.

Eat breakfast every day This is one I've become really bad at, especially in the week. I sometimes don't feel like eating breakfast before I have to go to work, so I just leave it and have a small snack before lunch. This just leaves me more hungry as the day goes on. I'm not going to force myself to eat before I leave the house, but I'm going to take something substantial with me to eat later, like a tub of overnight oats.

My Slimming World week starts on a Friday, so I'm a couple of days in already and so far so good. I'm determined to keep it up this week, and I know a good result will give my confidence a boost and I'm more likely to carry it on for weeks to come.

2 comments :

  1. I have a personal trainer and he makes me keep a food diary too. It's so hard to write down 'half a piece of chocolate' and 'handful of olives' but it's gotta be done! Love the 'bite it write it' phrase- definitely going to be stealing that one!


    Claudia xx
    www.claudiawright.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! Yes it is so difficult but it really helps to stay on track xx

      Delete