Friday 6 May 2016

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colours


When the MAC Retro Matte liquid lipsticks were released, I really wanted to get my hands on some, but they seemed to be ridiculously overpriced in my opinion, and with the mixed reviews they had been receiving, I didn't want to risk so much money on a potentially disappointing product. When I saw the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolours I thought these would be the perfect affordable alternative - buying these four on offer costs me little over what one MAC product would've done! The only trouble was they were so difficult to get hold of at the time, especially the nude shades, but I eventually managed to track them down online.



l-r: Seduction, Devotion, Passion, Addiction
I really like the formula of these lip colours. The glide on really nicely, don't sit in any dry patches and are really comfortable throughout the day. The one thing I would say is that I'm not totally convinced these are a full matte finish. They're quite glossy upon application and take a while to dry down, and continue to have a slight sheen to them throughout the day, so I'd say these were more of a semi-matte finish. This doesn't bother me too much, as I like the finish they give, and the fact that they aren't full on matte means that they aren't super drying on the lips, but if you were looking for a true matte liquid lipstick, these might not be for you.

The wear time is still pretty good on these, though not perhaps as long as a matte liquid lipstick, I managed to get through a full meal without having to touch up afterwards. Another perk to these lip colours?! They smell incredible! I'd even go as far as to say better than MAC lipsticks, which is saying something, as I could sniff those all day!!


The shade I most wanted to pick up, and was the hardest to find, is Seduction. A gorgeous peachy nude shade which is definitely my favourite of the four. It's a great everyday lip colour for me and lasts really well on the lips.

Overall I'm impressed with these liquid lip colours, even if they are not quite what they say in the tin. I'm so glad I decided to pick these up as an alternative to the MAC ones. They come in at a reasonable £8.99 each, but are currently on 3 for 2 offer at Boots.


2 comments :

  1. Passion is such a gorgeous colour!


    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I'm really happy with all of the shades I got. I've seen a really nice peachy shade I want to get hold of too xx

      Delete