Wednesday 18 May 2016

My Spring Beauty Favourites


Spring is probably my favourite time of year when it comes to seasonal makeup. I love the light airy finishes and pretty pastel shades. Since I've not done a monthly favourites on my blog in a very long time, I thought I'd show you some of the makeup products I've been loving this spring.


For my spring time base, I always want something with a very lightweight feel to it, but is still going to give good coverage. My favourite product that does just that is the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. It's more of a tinted moisturiser than full on foundation, so it's much lighter in texture, but still covers up any blemishes I have. It also gives a healthy, slightly glowy look to the face.

Speaking of glowy looks, I love using my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette to achieve this. I sweep a little of the lightest shade over the high points of my face to give a real natural radiance.

One product that cropped up in my favourites quite a bit last year was the Collection Speedy Blush in Tickled Pink, so it's no surprise that I've been using it again this year - so much so that I've had to pick up a brand new one, as my first was looking a little worse for wear! It's the most beautiful dusky rose shade, perfect for spring time, as it leaves just a subtle flush to the cheeks. The formula is really easy to blend and long lasting.

Most days during spring I've been going for a really natural, "barely there" kind of look, so I've wanted really neutral shades on my eyes too. The Too Faced Natural Eyes palette is perfect for this, as the name would suggest. I mostly use the middle row in this palette - Silk Teddy & Push Up on my eyes the majority of the time, and occasionally Erotica blended into the crease if I want a slightly smokier look. Too Faced eyeshadows are really quite similar in formula to Urban Decay, so they are really easy to work with.

I'm a real fan of pastel, slightly neutral lip shades in spring. My all time favourite lip colours for spring have to be MAC Peach Blossom & Creme Cup. Both are very pale neutral shades, Peach Blossom obviously more on the peachy side, and Creme Cup a really pale pink. Both are cremesheen formulas, so they are really comfortable to wear, and give a slightly glossy finish to the lips.


No comments :

Post a Comment