Tuesday 24 May 2016

My Favourite Neutral Single Eyeshadows


When it comes to eyeshadow, the majority of the time I stick to my palettes. It's so much handier to have an array of colours at my disposal for those days when I fancy doing something a bit more experimental, or I just no idea off hand of exactly which shades I want to use. However, when you're staying over somewhere, or going away, it can be much easier to go for the fuss free and space saving option of just chucking one single eyeshadow into your makeup bag, As I'm a big fan of the neutral eye look, I thought I'd share with you my favourite single neutral shades.




l-r: MAC Bare Study, Kiko High Pigment 04, Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo On & On Bronze, Avon Satin Taupe, Nautral Collection Asteroid
MAC Bare Study This is one of the Pro Longwear Paint Pots, so it's a super creamy formula and is really long lasting with a crease free finish. It's the perfect base shade for any look you want to vreate, though I often wear it on its own when I want to achieve that "barely there" makeup look. It's really fuss free, as I just apply a couple of sweeps of this using my fingertips and I'm good to go.

Kiko High Pigment 04 This is a relatively new addition to my collection but I've gotten so much use out I've my Kiko eyeshadows since I bought them that I had to include one. This is the darker of the two shades I bought, and is what I'd describe as a pale taupe. Another shade that's perfect for a minimal everyday look.

Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo On & On Bronze This has to be my most worn eyeshadow ever! I love it so much, and it's one of those really wearable colours that you could pull out at any time of year. This is also a cream formula, so it's really long lasting and blends out so beautifully. It's got a slight shimmer to it, which looks beautiful on the lids, and you can build it up to be as intense as you like. The perfect shadow to take away alone, as it looks beautiful as a stand alone shade.

Avon Satin Taupe I did consider including a MAC shadow in this post, as you can buy them separately, but as I only have mine in my palette, I thought it would be cheating a little. Plus, this cheaper alternative to MAC's Satin Taupe is a really good dupe! I know Satin Taupe eyeshadow is a bit of a cult product for MAC fans, but there's barely any difference between the two - except the price! I did a whole comparison post, which you can read here.

Natural Collection Asteroid This shadow is an absolutely bargain, as it only comes in at a couple of quid! And the pigmentation for such a budget product is really good. It's got a hint of shimmer to it too, so it still looks good as a stand alone shadow. I sometimes take this in my makeup bag as a second shade to smoke out an eye look.


2 comments :