Friday 20 May 2016

Bourjois City Radiance


I feel like Boots have had some amazing offers on Bourjois products recently. Whilst browsing I spotted a 2 for £14 offer and, with the massive saving I'd be making, thought it would be the perfect time to try a couple of their base products out. One I'd seen crop up a lot quite recently was one of their new releases, the City Radiance Skin Protecting Foundation. I'd read some quite mixed opinions though, so I was going in with an open mind.




City Radiance is a really lightweight formula, only a little thicker than that of a tinted moisturiser, so it's got that barely there feel on the skin. It blends out really nicely and gives a medium coverage. One thing I have noticed with this foundation is that if I am having a bad skin day, it does start to look a bit cakey on any dry skin patches I have after a couple of hours, so I have to make sure my skin is fully prepped and moisturised if I'm going to use it - let's face it, I should be doing that every day anyway!

That aside, when my skin is behaving itself, I've found that it gives a really nice natural, radiant finish to the skin. Nothing too glowy, just a really nice "lit from within" look. I've found it evens out my skintone too, for a really flawless finish. For such a lightweight bases, it seems to last really well too.

Overall I really like this foundation. It's a great choice for this time of year, with it's lightweight feel and radiance boosting properties. It also contains SPF30, which is great for those sunnier days. I don't love it quite as much as my Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue, but at just £9.99 this is a great cheaper alternative.


2 comments :

  1. I'm quite keen on giving the City Radiance foundation a try!

    ReplyDelete