Tuesday 31 May 2016

Blogging Every Day In May - My Thoughts


So here we are, the end of May. I cannot believe I've actually done it, but after a long break away, I've managed to upload a blog post every single day this month. As well as the surprise that I've actually managed to achieve the goal I set myself a few weeks ago, I've had a few more thoughts along the way, which I though I'd share with you all.


I've really enjoyed myself
I was worried that blogging would start to feel like a chore again towards the end of the month, as this is how a began to feel before I took my break. But I'm still loving it as much as I did on the first of the month, perhaps even more so. It might be that, as I had so many post ideas build up during break, I've never been short of anything to write about, so perhaps my feelings will change once the ideas start to peter out again, but right now I'm loving it and the ideas are still flowing.

I want to carry on this way
I'm not going to promise a blog post every single day from now on, but I am going to carry on with it for the time being and just see how I get on with it. It is a lot of hard work, especially balancing blogging with a full time job and general life stuff, but I've managed it so far and, whilst I still have a lot of posts I want to share with you, I want to get them out as quickly as possible. I've got a busy month during June, so you might find the odd day where there's no new material from me, but I'm not going to put pressure on myself to stick to a certain schedule, I'm just going to enjoy blogging again.

I've loved reconnecting with the community
I've been using Twitter a lot more as a way of communicating with people, not just getting my blog posts out there, particularly towards the end of the month, I've discovered some new chats to get involved with and have ended up following some lovely new people as a result. It is difficult to find the time to sit down and get involved as often as I'd like, but I'm going to make more of an effort now to chat to you guys on social media, as it really has been fun.

The end of Slimming World Sundays?!
Now that I'm a target member, I'm finding it more and more difficult to find weekly content relating to Slimming World, as there's now no weight loss progress to update you on. Plus, I'm not sure how interested you guys actually are in these posts as an audience. I've got a few ideas left on my list, so I think I'll carry on with Slimming World Sundays for a while longer, but they may disappear in the near future, leaving me to blog about Slimming World as often as I want to. Let me know if you have any thoughts on these posts - do you enjoy them?


No comments :

Post a Comment