Sunday 6 March 2016

Slimming World Sunday - Speedy Spag Bol


Spag Bol is easily one of my favourite meals to make on Slimming World. It's so quick and cheap to make, and tastes delicious. I've even managed to convert my mum, who really isn't adventurous with food at all, to this recipe. It's packed full of speed foods too, to help boost weight loss.



Firstly I brown off a 500g pack of extra lean beef mince and crumble in a beef stock cube. Then I add in 2 chopped carrots, 1 large chopped onion, and two chopped celery sticks and allow that to cook for 2-3 minutes before adding in a pack of baby button mushrooms. I then stir fry that for another 5 minutes before adding in the final ingredients - two tins of chopped tomatoes, 1 tbsp tomato puree and 1 tbsp mixed herbs. I then season, bring to the boil and allow to simmer for around 20 minutes before serving up.

The recipe makes 4-5 servings, and is suitable for freezing, so I often batch cook this and have the leftovers after group on a Thursday evening, as it's really quick just to reheat. Obviously, you could serve it with spaghetti and it would still be syn free, but for an extra hit of speed food, I like to serve mine with courgetti.

Do you add anything different to your spag bol?


No comments :

Post a Comment