Sunday 10 January 2016

Slimming World Sunday: My Christmas Gain


The Christmas gain was always going to be inevitable, but it's still never nice when it happens. I applaud anyone who can lose weight over the festive period! The 4lb gain I had this year was actually the biggest gain I've had over Christmas whilst following Slimming World. I guess it's because I've taken a much more relaxed approach to the plan this time around, and I knew I really wanted to enjoy the week.


I tried to be as good as possible in the run up to Christmas, as I knew this was going to be a bad week. Looking at my diary, the only day I didn't have any plans for was weigh in day itself, so I knew straight away that it was going to be a difficult week and I was going to have to be flexible with the plan the majority of the time. But I didn't want to restrict myself. I wanted to enjoy my time with the people I love, some of whom I hadn't seen in such a long time, and not worry about what I was having to eat. The difference being this time, that I ate til I was full and then stopped. Before Slimming World came along, I would pig out all day, every day during the Christmas break, so yes this gain was quite hard to take, but I dread to think what it could have been!

I weighed in at group between Christmas and New Year, and staying to IMAGE Therapy. I was really motivated, ready to completely draw a line under Christmas and move towards getting back to target, but once I was home, the focus had sort of gone again, and I really struggled to get back into the swing of things. I knew the only bad meal I would have to have the following week would be New Year's Eve dinner, but the plan didn't stay like that for long. I was nowhere near as bad as I had been Christmas week, but I'd find myself reaching for things I know I shouldn't now and again, like I hadn't fully switched off from holiday mode.

Once I was back to work on the Monday though, everything seemed to slot back into place - I think it helped that most of the bad food in our house had been cleared out by this point! I knew I had to try and limit the damage I'd already done that week, so I tried a couple of SP days, and fitted in body magic (exercise for you non-Slimming World folk!) where I could. I was shocked to see a 1.5lb loss on the scales this Thursday! I think it's all of the junk I had previously eaten, my body had been shocked into action when I was back on plan, much like your first week. It makes me wonder how much I could have lost if I'd gone back to plan straight after weigh in - i could have my Christmas gain completely off by now!

I'm not going to beat myself up about it though. I had an absolutely fantastic time, and by the end of it I'd had enough and was desperate for a bowl of fruit - which I guess is a good sign! So now I am just 6.5lbs away from my target, which I am aiming to achieve at some point in February. Now that I'm back in the swing of things after my Christmas blip, I know I can do this!

How did you all get on over Christmas?


No comments :

Post a Comment