Sunday 20 December 2015

Slimming World Sunday - Scan Bran Christmas Cake


When it comes to Christmas treats I absolutely love mince pies. Before I joined Slimming World, I would buy a 6 pack from the corner shop, and they'd be gone within a couple of days. Now though, with them being so incredibly high in syns, I've had to resist indulging as much as I used to (though I did have a mini one at an Xmas party last week!), but I think I've found a perfect Slimming World friendly alternative. Someone from my group had made the Scan Bran Christmas cake and brought it in to one of our taster nights a couple of months ago. After tasting a small square, I was struck by how much it tasted like mince pies (and perhaps even better!). I knew then that I had to make it for myself, as this was going to be what saved me from my mince pie cravings this year!

It's such a simple recipe too - doesn't take much effort at all. The ingredients you'll need are:

5 Scan Bran
2 beaten eggs
1 tbsp golden syrup
2 tbsp mincemeat
5 tbsp sweetener
1 1/2 tsp mixed spice

Firstly, you need to soak the scan bran in boiling water to soften it up (we did ours for about 10-15 mins), then drain and mash it - or blitz in a blender. Then simply mix in the rest of the ingredients well and you can either transfer the mix to a line baking tray and bake at 190 for about 25 minutes or, if you're short on time, transfer to a microwavable dish and cook in the microwave for six minutes. Personally, I think it tastes better out of the oven, but if you're in a hurry, the microwave still does a good job.


Wait for it to cool slightly, then divide into as many portions as you want. The whole cake comes to 11 syns in total, so it would depend how many you want to spend on the cake at a time.

Enjoy!


No comments :

Post a Comment