Friday 11 December 2015

Skyn Iceland Skin Hangover Kit


It's at that time of year again where the festive parties are in full swing, and for some of us that can mean overindulging and overdoing things just a little, and our skin really doesn't thank us for it. With the Christmas parties tends to come the Christmas hangovers, and our skin can sometimes be left dull and puffy. I'd seen this Skyn Iceland Hangover Kit in Marks & Spencers a few times whilst I've been having a browse around, and it seemed like a handy little kit to have this time of year, So I've been putting it to the test recently.




Whilst I haven't really been partying as of yet, I have been overdoing it and really very tired recently, and it was starting to show in my eyes. The one thing I was most keen to try from the pack was the Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels as I'd heard so much about them already, but they seemed quite pricey to buy in a pack on their own, You get two pairs in the Hangover Kit, so it worked out much better value with the other products too. The first thing I noted is that they stick to your undereyes really well. A lot of products, such as sheet masks, tend to move around the face but these did not budge and, despite that, were still pain free to remove too. My eyes felt lovely and refreshed after wearing these for 10 minutes, and I felt a lot brighter.

After cleansing my face, I spritzed some of the Arctic Face Mist, which was lovely and cooling. It's a lot like the Caudalie Beauty Elixir in terms of the effect it has on the skin, but I think I actually prefer the scent of this. One thing I will warn you about is that it's by no means a fine mist! A lot of product comes out with just one spray, so I found that one spritz on the middle of my face was more than enough, then I just massaged the excess in.

The one product I have used every day since I began testing the kit is the Icelandic Relief Eye Pen. It has a twist up mechanism, which dispenses the product onto the soft flexible applicator, which you then dab onto the undereye area. Again, you get a really nice cooling sensation upon application which lasts a really long time. It's not too heavy, so it's good for use under makeup, and I've found that after regular use, it's started to improve the appearance of my undereye bags.

The final product in the kit is the Antidote Cooling Day Lotion. Considering this is the product you would use most of during one application, it is a little disappointing that it is the smallest item in the kit, but I think I'll still get a fair few uses out of it. Again this is cooling and refreshing. It's leaves a nice tingle to the skin, without feeling uncomfortable. I don't think I'd ever apply this before I was going out though, as it smells very strongly of mint!

Overall I think this is a really useful little kit and would make a good gift for someone who you know will be doing a lot of partying over the festive season, or perhaps someone who suffers from dull, dehydrated skin. I know for sure I'm going to be purchasing some more of the eye gels for a little pick me up when I'm feeling really run down!

Have you tried any Skyn Iceland products?


No comments :

Post a Comment