Tuesday 8 December 2015

No7 Mini Eye Palette


You know me, I can't resist a new eyeshadow palette. I also can't resist shopping in the Boots 3 for 2 Christmas gifts, whether that be for myself or others! No7 have some really great gifts this year, and when I saw this little palette for just £10, I had to treat myself using some of my Boots points! Whilst they do also have a much larger palette for double the price, the colours didn't really appeal to me, whereas some of the shades in this mini version just called out autumn/winter to me.




Most of the shadows have at least some degree of shimmer to them, however there is a really handy matte light brown shade, which is great as an all over the lid base colour. Of course my favourite shade was always going to be the taupe shade in the top right of the palette, but I was also really surprised by just how pretty the pink shadow in the top left is. It's a really soft colour, perfect for a daytime look. Then you've got some really gorgeous dark purples on the bottom row which create a nice wintery twist to the smokey eye look. A lot of the shades on the bottom row look packed with glitter, but this really only translates to a shimmer on the lid, except for the third shadow along - prepare for a bit of glitter fallout with this one.


Most of the shadows were really nice and soft, and easy to work with, though you do have to apply more than one layer to get a nicely pigmented look with some of the shades. Even the little travel sized brush was surprisingly good - lovely and soft, so I'd definitely use that if I was on the go, rather than packing any of my larger brushes. The only real disappointment I had with this palette was the silver/white shade on the top row. The consistency of this shadow was really quite chalky, which made it much more difficult to work with than the other shades.

Overall I'm really impressed with this little palette, and think the shades are stunning for this time of year. The variety of colour you get would make it the perfect eye kit to pop in your handbag on a work day, and transform your look from office to after work party. If you're looking for gifts for a makeup lover, but are on a bit of a budget, I think this would also make a great, affordable gift, or stocking filler.

Have you ever tried any No7 eyeshadows? What do you think to this palette?


No comments :

Post a Comment