Saturday 19 December 2015

My Winter Pamper Evening


There's nothing better on a cold winters evening than getting some of your favourite beauty products out and having a good old pamper session. I don't know what it is about it, but it's just guaranteed to make me feel a lot warmer and snuggly, whatever the weather may be doing outside! Here's what I like to do on my ultimate winter pamper evening.




Ok, so if this was my ultimate pamper session, I'd be starting off with a bath, but since we don't have a tub in our house, I would have a shower instead. Every year in the sales I stock up on the Aromatherapy Associates bath & shower oil miniatures, and I love using their Relax Deep oil for pamper sessions, as it has the most beautiful scent which fills the room, and leaves me feeling lovely and relaxed afterwards.

Once I'm out of the shower, it's time to pop on a face mask. My skin has been a little troublesome recently, particularly my forehead, so I've been enjoying the Sanctuary Spa 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask to clear things up a bit. I love the warming sensation on the skin when you apply this, and it produces really good results. I'll then go in with one of my hydrating masks just to pump some moisture into my dry skin.

Whilst I'm waiting for the mask to work it's magic, I like to moisturise my body, so I can then jump into my festive PJs! My ultimate body pamper product has to be the Laura Mercier Body Souffle in Ambre Vanille. The texture is so light and creamy, and feels so luxurious on the skin. Plus this particular scent smells divine. This product is quite pricey, so I only save it for those special pamper evenings - if I could afford it I'd use it every day!

I really love sitting down and painting my nails, but I rarely have the time to sit down and do a really thorough job on it, so it's an absolute must when I have a pamper night like this. My favourite cream to use is The Body Shop Almond Hand and Nail Cream - it smells lovely and is so hydrating. Once my hands and nails are good to go, I like to take my time painting them, making sure I've got the perfect manicure (as most of the time it's a totally rushed job!). My current favourite winter polish is Essie Bordeaux, a really nice deep red wine colour.

Throughout the evening I love to have a candle burning. Whilst I do love my foodie Yankee Candles, I like to have something more calming, and a little more luxurious to burn during a pamper session. The Aromatherapy Associates Relax Candle is perfect for these evenings. As the name would suggest, it gives off a really relaxing scent, but it's not too overpowering. Again these are pretty expensive, so they only get brought out for special occasions!


Once I'm done with my pamper products, I love to snuggle up on the sofa, under my winter throw, and have a YouTube binge! I'm absolutely loving watching people doing Vlogmas at the moment, but it can be so difficult to keep up when they're uploading every day. A hot chocolate is an essential accompaniment to this part of the evening. I recently won the raffle at the Slimming World group, and won all of the goodies I would need for a luxury Slimming World friendly hot chocolate. This would cost me around 5 syns, which isn't too bad - and tastes sooo good! And of course I'd have to have it in my favourite mug!!

What do you like to do on a pamper evening?

No comments :

Post a Comment