Monday 21 December 2015

My Winter Beauty Saviours


Winter is a time that can really wreak havoc on our skin. I suffer from dry skin the majority of the time, but winter can be a bit of a nightmare, and I really have to step up my skincare routine and make sure I'm always moisturised - otherwise it can get pretty uncomfortable. As you can imagine, because of this I've tried quite a large number of beauty products that promise to keep my skin in top condition, with varying results. Here are my all time favourite products for keeping my skin hydrating during winter.


Lush Ro's Argan Body Conditioner When it's cold outside, I'm really not a fan of hopping out of the shower and then having to stand there and moisturise my body - I just want to get dressed! This is one of those products that I can use to moisturise my skin whilst in the shower - winner! It has a really light texture, so sinks into the skin really easily, but once washed off leaves my skin feeling so super soft and nourished. It's quite pricey, at £16.50 for a smaller tub, but it lasts such a long time, it's definitely worth the money.


Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm I suffer really badly from dry lips (probably because of the bad habit of picking them that I've had since I was a child!) and I've never tried anything quite like this lip balm. It's so good at hydrating my lips and making them feel smooth again. It's quite a thick formula, so I tend to use it more as a lip "mask" every evening before bed, but it really does work wonders.

Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask I've raved on about this mask so many times, but I absolutely love it! My skin feels so much more plumped and hydrated when I've put this on the night before. It's just the right texture too - thick enough that you feel like it's making a difference, but not so thick that you feel like you're caked in the stuff (never a good feeling when you're trying to get to sleep). Plus the apricot scent just smells delicious.

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Proctectant This is great at relieving dry skin anywhere. I tend to get quite rough skin on my elbows, and this cream is great at softening them up again, and I'll often use it on my knees too. It does smell a little funky though, so I'll often use it under a nicely scented body cream - but I would recommend picking up the fragrance free version if you can find it!

What are your favourite winter skincare products?


2 comments :

  1. I have tried any of these but I have heard so much about the eight hour cream, I will buy it one day x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great for dry skin. Lots of the eight hour cream products are great xx

      Delete