Wednesday 23 December 2015

My Christmas Day Makeup Picks


So the big day is almost here - I cannot believe how much this month has flown by, it's ridiculous!! On Christmas Day I have so many different places to visit that it always has to be an early start for me, and I don't really have that much time to get ready, so I like to have my outfit and makeup planned in advance, that way I can go from sitting in my pjs to heading out of the door as quickly as possible. Last weekend I had a little rummage through my makeup stash and picked out all of the bits and pieces I want to wear on Friday, so I thought I'd share my choices with you.


As I'm going to be out for over 12 hours, I'm going to need a foundation that I know will stay put, so I've opted for my Revlon Colorstay. It's lasts for a really long time without feeling uncomfortable or looking cakey, so it is ideal for Christmas Day. Of course I couldn't go without my trusty Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - I never use anything else!

Whilst my Revlon foundation will stay put all day, it does leave an almost matte finish to my skin, and I'd like to look like I have a little more of a glow, so I'm going to sweep Radiant Light from the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette across my face just a little to brighten it up. For my blush I'm going to wear MAC Stereo Rose, which kind of acts like a blush/highlighter combo, which will help with the extra glow I'm looking for.

I'd love to be able to sit down and spend ages doing a really pretty, intricate eye makeup look, but I'll be in way too much of a hurry for that - maybe New Year's! Instead I'm going to quickly apply my Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On & On Bronze. It's so easy to just dab on and blend out with your fingers, plus I know it will last all day on my lids too. To add a bit more drama, I'm going to run my Charlotte Tilbury Rock N Kohl Eye Pencil in Barbarella Brown along my waterline. For mascara I'm opting for another old favourite in Maybelline's The Rocket. It's a really great formula for hold curls and it's waterproof so again will be long lasting.

I couldn't not go for a red lip on Christmas Day, could I?! I'm going to try out the newest edition to my lipstick collection - MAC's Von Teese lipstick, which was their collaboration with the gorgeous Dita Von Teese. The design is so pretty, with the signature embossed onto the product itself, so I am a little cautious about ruining it, but it looks like such a stunning colour and I'm going to have to use it at some point!

Have you decided what makeup look you are going for on Christmas Day?


No comments :

Post a Comment