Tuesday 22 December 2015

Festive Sparkly Nails


I love painting my nails ready for Christmas Day, and adding that bit of sparkle to my tips. I usually try a few different styles out a few weeks beforehand, and usually I end up opting for something simple but festive - I'm not the best at nail art despite my many attempts! This year I've decided to use a product that I've had for quite a while but never reached for much in the past - but it definitely has that Christmas sparkle that I'm looking for.


The Models Own Artstix are quite an old launch and, correct me if I'm wrong, are now only available to buy from the Models Own website. The shade I have is called Cloud Drops, which contains a really nice creamy beige colour polish and a gold sequin glitter top coat. It's perfect for the nude nails look I've been loving at the moment, but the gold does make it a more festive choice.


The formula of the polish made it really easy to apply a nice smooth coat, and the colour was opaque with two applications - quite good for such a pale shade. The top coat was a little more tricky and I really had to take my time to make sure I had enough sequins on each nail, and that they were evenly distributed, but I really like the finished look, so it was worth the extra effort. I found it much easier to remove than normal glitter polish too.

What will you be wearing on your nails for Christmas?


No comments :

Post a Comment