Monday 2 March 2015

Slimming World Tomato Speed Soup


I really love to have soup for lunch, especially in the winter, as it's so warm and filling. My favourite soup ever is Heinz Tomato soup - I used to have it almost every day for lunch a few years ago! When I started Slimming World, however, and discovered just how many syns I was putting inside me with each can, I decided to give it up. I've tried and enjoyed many Slimming World soup recipes since but none had ever quite as good. That was until I discovered their Tomato Speed Soup recipe. No, it's not full of drugs, it's called a speed soup because it contains lots of what Slimming World call "speed foods" which help to boost your weight loss. It's so delicious and so cheap & simple to make.




Above are the ingredients you'll need to buy - not a lot at all. This little lot cost me just under £2 and will make four servings. So, you will need:

2 tins chopped tomatoes
1 tin baked beans
1 tin sliced carrots
1 large pickled onion, or 2 to 3 smaller ones
1 vegetable stock cube
half a pint of water

All you need to do is place all the ingredients into a bowl or blender and blitz it until smooth, divide into portions and heat up as needed - I usually blast mine in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes.


It's really that simple, so going from getting the ingredients out of the cupboard to eating a nice warm bowl of soup should take you less than 10 minutes. It's very similar to the taste of the Heinz soup, but in my opinion this Slimming World version is actually better. Plus, if you're following the Slimming World plan, it's completely syn free!

Have you tried this soup recipe before? What's your favourite lunch?


No comments :

Post a Comment