Tuesday 3 March 2015

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara


Finally a Benefit mascara I can get on board with! I don't think I've made any secret of my dislike for the much hyped They're Real mascara and I wasn't much more impressed with their original Bad Gal Lash mascara, so when I heard about the launch of the Roller Lash, although I was intrigued I wasn't prepared to spend the best part of £20 to potentially be let down again. Luckily last month's Elle Magazine came with a mini tube of the mascara so I could try before I buy.




The wand has little hooks on it, which have been designed to grab hold of your lashes to give them lift and curl, whilst adding length. It does feel a little weird at first, as you can actually feel the lashes being pulled slightly, but it's not at all uncomfortable. The formula is ideal for me - not too wet, or too dry, and the wand dispenses just enough product to coat the lashes without them feeling weighed down at all.


I've been really impressed with the results from this mascara. It really opens the eyes up and gives the lashes a really intense black look. It's also really long lasting, but is still no where near as much of a pain to remove than some mascaras! The only little niggle I have is that it can make your lashes feel a little bit crispy, but again it's not as bad as a lot of other mascaras I've tried.

Whilst I'd say it has some way to go in becoming one of my favourite mascaras, it's still really nice and I'd consider purchasing it again. At £19.50 though, it would definitely have to be a treat rather than a regular repurchase!

Have you tried the Roller Lash mascara? What did you think?


4 comments :

  1. I've tried this and really like it! Its my first mascara from Benefit and I'm pretty impressed! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was ready for another disappointment with this mascara, but I'm so pleased with it! xx

      Delete
  2. I told myself I could only try the new Maybelline Lash Sensational or the Benefit Roller Lash and that I had to pick one! I picked the Maybelline one and I've been so disappointed with it that it looks like I'll end up with both anyway! ...oops ;)
    Ally | www.uptownpeach.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's a shame, I quite liked the Maybelline one, but Roller Lash is definitely better! xx

      Delete