Monday 9 February 2015

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara


For me, Maybelline are top dog when it comes to mascaras, some of my favourites are by them, and I don't think I've yet come across one that I particularly dislike. So when I heard that Maybelline were releasing the Lash Sensational mascara, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it, not least for the gorgeous rose gold packaging, but I was also really intrigued by the design of the wand.




The brush has different sized bristles on either side. It's designed so that you use the smaller bristles at catch small lashes and then use the larger bristles to volumise the look of your lashes.

I think this mascara works really well. The formula it not too wet, so it's easy to work with straight away. It gives really good volume, as well as a pretty decent length and curl to it. The only problem I have encountered is that it does occasionally flake away if you've been wearing it for quite a long time.

Apologies for the naff photo - this was the best of a bad bunch!
Overall this is a really good mascara. I don't think it's quite as good as my favourite The Rocket mascara but I think Maybelline have pulled another good product out of the bag here. It's currently still available on an introductory offer of £5.99 in Boots until 17th February, so now would be a good time to get it if you're interested.

Have you tried the Lash Sensational Mascara? What's your favourite drugstore mascara?


7 comments :

  1. Flaking is the main problem I've encountered with Maybelline mascaras in the past, this is the first day I'm wearing this and it hasn't happened yet! I'm really loving the brush and the effect ;) xx
    Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not really something I've encountered before, so it was a shame it happened with this one xx

      Delete
  2. I bought this about a week ago and I absolutely love it! Its propelled itself into being one of my favourite mascaras! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flaking aside I really like it too, love the look of my lashes with this on xx

      Delete
  3. Maybelline mascara's have never been amazing on my lashes, but i keep hearing lovely things about this one!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives a lovely look, just a shame about the flaking xx

      Delete