Sunday 25 January 2015

Zoeva Rose Golden Luxury Brush Set


Building up a collection of really good makeup brushes can be pretty darn expensive. A good quality foundation brush alone can cost in excess of £30, so building up your collection one by one soon gets pricey, but the trouble with sets can often been that there's one or two duds that you know you'll never use, so you feel like you're wasting your money. Zoeva brushes were massively raved about in the blogging community last year, this rose gold set in particular, as not only being relatively affordable but really good quality too, so naturally they ended up on my Christmas wishlist! Now I've had a bit of time to play around with them, I thought I'd let you know my thoughts.




First off, there's no denying these brushes look pretty. The rose gold hardware makes them look so sleek and luxurious, and they really stand out from my other makeup brushes. The cute faux leather travel pouch is also really stylish and practical. The set contains a mix of natural and synthetic bristled brushes, which are really soft on the skin and easy to clean, without shedding.

The set consists of five face brushes; 102 Silk Finish, 106 Powder, 110 Face Shape, 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek & 142 Concealer Buffer, and three eye brushes; 227 Luxe Soft Definer, 231 Luxe Petit Crease & 317 Wing Liner. All are really good quality brushes that I would definitely get good use out of, but my top three would have to be:

102 Silk Finish A really dense round top brush which is great to buffing in my foundation, giving great coverage and a flawless finish.

127 Luxe Sheer Cheek Great to use with any powder cheek product, whether it be blush, highlighter or bronzer, The angled shape to the brush means it's easy to get into the contours of your face and create a really defined look to the cheeks.

227 Luxe Soft Definer A really great little brush for applying and blending eyeshadow out in the crease. A definite dupe for my MAC 217, but much softer.

I'm really impressed with this set. It's got everything you could possibly need for applying your makeup, and there's not a poor brush in there. Plus they look so cute on your dressing table! Forking out for the price of the full set may seem like a lot of money, but when you work out how much that would make each single brush, which is around £7, it makes them much more affordable than most other high street brushes.

It's pretty hard to get hold of in the UK - only a couple of sites sell it and they're quite often out of stock, as they are now. You can buy direct from the Zoeva website for 65 Euros plus shipping, but it may be worth hanging on to see when Beauty Bay or Love Makeup have them back in stock because at £56.95 plus free delivery, it works out much cheaper.

Have you tried any Zoeva brushes?


11 comments :

  1. These are amazing and I've been toying with buying these for a long time but never decided to treat myself! I really need to buy these at some point, might treat myself after graduating in a couple of months! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea, I hope you can get your hands on them xx

      Delete
  2. Okay, so I had a dream about owning these brushes last night. I think that's the universe telling me I need them in my life! Ha.

    X

    Anjelique

    www.anjelique.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound like a great product. Thanks for sharing x

    restyledblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous brush set, i love mine!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, I wish all brushes looked like this! xx

      Delete
  5. These are so beautiful! I'm very jealous!
    untitled&unfinished

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really pretty, I was a very lucky lady this Christmas xx

      Delete
  6. I know, they're so pretty. I'm considering getting the eye brush set too but I'm not sure I need that many eye brushes! xx

    ReplyDelete