Saturday 10 January 2015

My New Project For 2015


One of my New Year's resolutions was to take more photos, as I wanted more memories that I could actually look back on. I have a lot of exciting things going on this year, so I wanted to document them in some way. When I came across Lily's video all about the Project Life scrapbook she kept last year, I knew I'd found the perfect solution, and immediately headed over to the Hobbycraft website to place my order.


I've kept a scrapbook in the past but I've never really stuck to it for all that long, as I'd get a bit fed up with all the cutting and sticking involved, What I love about Project Life is that the pocket pages, which come in different designs (I opted for Design A, the same as shown in Lily's video), have inserts for each of your photos to slot into, so there's much less faffing around. I also love the card inserts you can get to brighten up each page, or to note down any memorable moments. I bought the seasons pack so that I can theme my pages based on the time of year the photos were taken. I'm considering popping into my local Hobbycraft and seeing what other card packs are available. The trouble is I've seen so many cute packs and discovered they're not available in the UK, we definitely have a much more limited selection.


I really hope I can stick to this throughout the year, I think the format of this range will make it a lot more achieveable. I know a lot of people have been inspired by Lily's video, as I've seen a lot of people's purchases on Instagram already, so let me know if you're planning on keeping a Project Life scrapbook this year too.

Have you ever kept a scrapbook before?


8 comments :

  1. Always trying and failing. I've seen a few posts about this 'Project Life' but i just know I wouldn't keep up with it! x

    Lizzie Rose Blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely something you need to be sure you can stick to before you go out and buy everything xx

      Delete
  2. I think I might take a wander down to hobby craft tomorrow for a nose xx

    BellaMode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you pick anything up :) xx

      Delete
  3. I really want to do this but it seems like so much money for a scrapbook and I don't think I'd stick with it because I'm hopeless with projects like these. Good on you for going for it though!

    Lots of Love,

    What Abby Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is something you need to be sure you'll do before buying the kit as it's quite pricey, I spent almost £50 on the scrapbook, two packs of pocket pages and the cards xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a lovely idea :)
    I would like to take on a project like this in the future, when I have more time :)
    xx Dee from : http://amongbeautydrawers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely way to store your memories I think xx

      Delete