Tuesday 4 November 2014

October Beauty Favourites


I've not been too experimental with my beauty products this month (if you read yesterday's Life in October post, then you'll probably have gathered why!) and I've been mainly sticking to the same things, so choosing this month's favourites was pretty easy, as the majority of them have been used pretty much all month long!


When I switched up my Muji storage for autumn, in popped NARS Sheer Glow Foundation again. I've always said that this is my favourite foundation ever, but I don't wear it as often as I'd like because the price tag makes me a little wary of using it up, in case I can't afford to repurchase it for a while! I've kind of let go of those thoughts this month and have been reaching for it whenever I've worn a full face of makeup. My skins been playing up a little recently - I'm blaming the change in seasons - and this is the only foundation that hasn't looked horrible and flaky on me!

Another product I've recently put into my Muji storage is the Charlotte Tilbury Rock N' Kohl in Barbarella Brown. I've really gone off wearing black eyeliner at the moment, so I've been reaching for more greys and browns, and this one has come out tops. Although these liners are a little pricey, I think they are will worth the money. They glide on beautifully and have really good lasting power. I've been loving wearing this liner in my waterline with a brown smokey look on the lids,

MAC's Plumful lipstick was my number one favourite of last autumn, and it's been getting a lot of love again this year. It's a lustre finish, so you can build it up to be as sheer or bold as you like. It doesn't have the staying power of a matte lipstick, but still has good wear time and is a lot more comfortable to wear. If you're new to bolder lipsticks and are looking for a lippie to dabble in the trend with, Plumful is a really good one to go for.

I'm so glad I was a little bit naughty and bought the Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot Gift Set as a very early Christmas present to myself! I've had great fun testing out all of the shades, and Bella Bamba in particular has become a new favourite blush of mine. This set is such great value for money, and definitely one of the best Xmas gifts I've seen out there this year. You can read more about it in this blog post.

I received Shaveworks The Cool Fix in this month's Birchbox and was really keen to try it out. It seemed no matter what "soothing" products a slathered on my legs after shaving, they would always sting and I would end up with a bit of a rash on them. A lot of people had commented to me that they or their partners had used this product and loved it, and I am pleased to say I have been converted too. It has a really nice cooling sensation upon application and there has been no rash in sight, so I don't have to hide my legs away on shaving day! I'll definitely be purchasing a full size once my sample is empty.

Have you tried any of these products? What were your beauty favourites in October?



11 comments :

  1. great post! my boyfriend's got the cool fix aftershave and he loves it! I've been hearing so much about it recently that I think I might have to pick it up! as for my favourites, I really enjoyed the too faced everything nice set and my nyx illuminator! I did a post here if you want to check it out! http://brookeelise-beauty.blogspot.com/2014/10/current-favourites-october-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had a look at your blog - the Too Faced set looks amazing xx

      Delete
  2. I must admit I have my weeks where I wear my usual and rarely try out new things. But I love the look of the Benefit box, they all have lovely things in them for a great price! I've also been loving the Shaveworks sample it works a treat x

    tmzn loves / beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm SO pleased with my Benefit purchase xx

      Delete
  3. I need sheer glow and plumful in my life!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plumful is gorgeous, probably my all time favourite lipstick xx

      Delete
  4. Fab faves! :) Plumful is one of my all time favourite lipsticks, I love syrup too

    http://thatlipsticklifestyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    Lou xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too :) I've never tried Syrup though xx

      Delete
  5. I NEED to get my hands on NARS sheer glow! it's definitely going on the christmas wishlist! lovely post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I relish, cause I discovered just what I was looking for. You’ve ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

    hair growth oil Rawalpindi

    ReplyDelete