Thursday 13 November 2014

My Top 5 Autumn Lipsticks


You may remember me featuring these products in my Muji storage post a while back and, as promised, here is a more detailed rundown of my favourite lip picks for the autumn months.


l-r on arm swatch (anti-clockwise lip swatches): MAC Kinda Sexy, MAC Plumful, Rimmel Kate Moss 107, Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry, Sleek Matte Me in Rioja Red
MAC Kinda Sexy
Autumn is very much about the berry lips, in my case anyway, but it's not always going to be appropriate, so I had to throw a nude in there somewhere. Kinda Sexy is a light brown nude, which slight pink tones to it. It's a matte lipstick, as most of my autumn favourites are, but doesn't feel like one when you wear it, as it has a creamy texture to it, which also means it glides on the lips very easily.

MAC Plumful
This may well just be my favourite lipstick of all time and definitely gets the most wear out of any lipstick I own come autumn. The only non-matte finish of the bunch, Plumful is from MAC's lustre range, which means it's much more sheer in finish and more moisturising on the lips. It looks quite pink in the lip swatch, but is definitely more plum toned in real life and is buildable, so you could make it into a more vampy look if you wished.

Rimmel Kate Moss 107
Having taken part in quite a few #bbloggers Twitter chats recently, I think it's fair to say that this is a bloggers favourite when it comes to berry lipsticks! It's the most gorgeous pink toned berry shade and the formula is really long lasting, which is definitely needed with such an intense colour.

Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry
I raved so much about these lip products when they were released at the start of the year and I still can't get enough of them. I seem to have a different shade for each of my seasonal favourites! Sultry is a deep pink/mauve shade, perfect for this time of year, as it has a hint of the berry tone to it. It's slightly more on the neutral side too, so it would be great for everyday wear.

Sleek Matte Me in Rioja Red
Wow this product is so long lasting! Everyone needs a classic red for glam nights out and this is a perfect choice, as you won't need to worry about topping it up through the night. The colour looks a little orange toned on the lip swatch, but it's definitely more true to the colour on the arm swatch in real life. The formula starts off wet, so it's easy to apply, but dries to a completely matte finish that will last all night long.

Have you tried any of these lip products? What are your favourite autumn lipsticks?


12 comments :

  1. I love the look of the MAC Kinda Sexy! It's nice to have a nude in there somewhere and I've never tried MAC so might be tempted to go and buy this! Thanks!

    Dee | PromptsbyDee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous. It doesn't feel like you're wearing a matte either so it's great for these colder months xx

      Delete
  2. Love the sound of Plumful! I love Mac's lustre finish lipsticks too so I definitely need to keep my eye out for this on my next shopping trip! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend picking Plumful up, it's gorgeous I can't get enough of it xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I love Mac Plumful! It's exactly the sort of colour that I wear if I ever remember to put lipstick on!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. 107 is definitely a big favourite of mine! I've not tried and sleek lipsticks before but I love that shade so I'm definitely going to take a look when I'm next in superdrug!

    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The matte me's are brilliant, very often out of stock where I live though :( I'd love to get more xx

      Delete
  5. I'd say the second from the left is my favourite – I'm currently wearing a very similar colour but a Lancome shade instead!

    Thanks for sending your link over during #blogtacular yesterday. I thought you may like this post:

    18 Thoughts Every Girl Has When Online Shopping

    ReplyDelete
  6. so many lovely shades! I especially love MAC kind of sexy. That is definitely on my 'TO BUY' list :) x

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them, Kinda Sexy is a good one for all year round xx

      Delete