Sunday 28 September 2014

Shape Up Sunday - Week Three


Considering that this weekend was treat central for me (a food centered fundraising Friday at work & my niece staying over) I was fully prepared to accept a gain this week. I don't know how, but I've still managed to pull a loss out of the bag - maybe this weekend will come back to haunt me next week!


This Sunday's weight: 9st 8lb
Last Sunday's weight: 9st 9lb
Weight loss this week: 1lb
Weight loss so far: 4lb

It's only a pound but it's a pound more than I deserve to be honest! Although I stayed pretty focused throughout the week, this weekend was a complete write off where health was concerned - the only exercise I managed to squeeze in between all these treats was a walk around the shops! It's ok to have little slip ups every now and again though, and to indulge in the things we love - it makes it much easier to maintain the healthier lifestyle once the weight has been lost, rather than depriving yourself of anything naughty for weeks on end. But I am determined to snap myself back into my routine for the week ahead and aim for a good loss next week.


I recently bought myself a Breville Blend Active and I've been dying to try it out. My niece gave it the first testing this weekend by making a banana milkshake. It's so easy to use - just pop whatever ingredients you fancy into the bottle, replace the travel lid with the blender attachment and lock it into place on the main unit. Hold down the green BLEND button for 10-20 seconds, place the travel lid back on the bottle (or pour the contents into a glass) and you've got yourself a lovely fresh drink - it certainly got the seal of approval from my niece. It takes just a couple of minutes to prepare the drink and there's also minimal washing up involved. This is one of the best purchases I've made recently and I'd really recommend picking one up. I got mine when it was on offer in Asda at £20 (it might still be, I'm not sure) but it's available it lots of stores for under £30. I'm just looking for some new combinations to try, so if you have any suggestions leave them below!

I'm starting to get my energy back after being ill and then going back to work full time. I was really struggling with it last week, but things seem to be getting back to normal now, which is brilliant, and I'm hoping it will give me the drive I need to really push to achieve my fitness goals. I'm not the best runner, so I'm thinking of starting the "Couch to 5k" training soon. In the meantime, I've been joining in a few more lunchtime walks with my colleagues this week. It's been good to get out and have some fresh air instead of being stuck in the office 9-5.


I've also been getting back into doing my favourite workout DVD - The 30 Day Shred. It's a really challenging workout, but only lasts around 20 minutes so I find it easy to fit in before or after work. Although there are some moderated moves, I don't think I'd recommend this for fitness newbies, as it's pretty difficult - though having bought a few more Jillian Michaels DVDs since, I'd say this was her easiest!

 Next week my aim is to try a few new foods. Although (weekend aside) my diet has been pretty good, it's mostly been the same old things that I know and love that I've been eating. I want to branch out a bit, particularly with my evening meals, and try a few new recipes, so hopefully I'll have something new to share with you next week - any suggestions welcome!


No comments :

Post a Comment