Monday 1 September 2014

Life in August


Well August was a huge fail where Instagram was concerned. Usually I have a few photos to pick from for my monthly life update, but these were the only photos I uploaded last month! I'll try much harder this time I promise! I don't know why but August seemed to go pretty slowly, especially when I think about how fast the rest of the year had gone. But now X Factor is back on our TVs, it's time for the Xmas countdown to begin....


If you read my life update last month, you'll know that I've had a bit of time off work recently. Well, I'm finally back, albeit part time at the moment, and it's been so exhausting. Having so many weeks at home with very little to do, it's then a real shock to the system when you have to start using your brain again, and it's really taken it out of me! I'm dreading starting back full time next week - I'll shall probably be spending any spare time I have asleep!

You might have noticed (probably not!) that I've not been fulfilling my usual blogging schedule, and there have been a couple of posts missing here and there over the past few weeks. It's not to say I'm bored with it by any means, I've just simply not had the energy to sit and think about what to write, and whilst I love blogging I've had to put my health first and it has kind of had to take a back seat. This may be the case again for the next few weeks whilst I get back into the swing of things, but I'll try not to miss too many posts. I've also been missing out on a few #bbloggers Twitter chats, which has been frustrating as I love to get involved in those.

A lot of you will probably know by now that I've had a little project going to keep me occupied whilst I've been at home during the day. I've had a massive clear out of our home to make way for some new furniture, including a new beauty setup for me in part of the spare room. We're not completely done with the house yet, there's a few changes we want to make in other rooms, but this was the biggest job and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Fingers crossed we can get the rest of the work done during September.

August also saw us celebrating my sister in law's 30th birthday. The family and some of her closest friends went out for a meal in Coventry and had a lovely time, all courtesy of the in-laws which was very generous. It's just a shame that it was around the time that I was feeling my worst and I didn't get into the spirit of things as much as I should. It's something I feel a bit guilty for but I really wasn't feeling myself at all. We still had a good time nonetheless and it's always good to catch up with the family, we really don't see them often enough.

I'm probably going to bore most of you to death now, but August marks the return of the new football season! I've been an avid supporter of Coventry City for years now and after recent events at my club (long story short, we've been playing our "home" games 35 miles away for the past year) I didn't think it would be as exciting as it turned out to be, as I was no longer going to home games. Well, around two weeks ago, we got the news we'd been dying to hear for so long - they were coming back home! Me and my husband were straight online to get our season tickets bought - we were so excited! This wouldn't really be a big deal to some, but football is the reason we ended up meeting each other, so it's a big part of both of our lives. Our first game back home is this Friday evening and I can't wait to get back there.

A few days after receiving this news, we were on our way to Milton Keynes for our first away game of the season. It was so good to be back at a football match (I think my last game before then was January - a long time for me, considering I had been a season ticket holder for the 16 years previous to the move). It was a pretty dull 0-0 draw but I love the atmosphere of away games whatever the result, and it was made even better by the fact that the fans were pumped up celebrating the clubs return home.

The past couple of weeks have been all about packing, moving and unpacking - not for us of course! My great aunt has recently returned to the area, so I have been helping building new furniture and unpacking some of her boxes after the removal men had left, and she was still on her way over from her previous home. This then meant I had a few empty boxes to pass on to my sister, who is also in the process of moving house with her boyfriend. It's been a bit of a stressful time for them, as they've been messed around by the buyer of their current home, but hopefully it will all get resolved soon.

This month I also reached another blog milestone - 400 Bloglovin followers! I've now set myself a target to reach 500 by the end of the year - fingers crossed I can do it!

So whilst August was very much about trying to relax and recover, September will be all about trying to get back into a routine without tiring myself out too much. I'm also trying to get back into eating a lot healthier and taking care of myself more, so you'll be reading a lot more about that over the coming months. What did you get up to in August?


No comments :

Post a Comment