Tuesday 5 August 2014

Shopping My Stash - The Forgotten Gems


I've recently bought a new dressing table and makeup storage (blog post coming soon!), so I've been having a rifle through my collection trying to decide what I don't need to keep anymore. I'm a bit of a hoarder, so there wasn't really a great deal that ended up in the bin - just a few bits way past their expiration date! I did, however, have great fun rediscovering a few older products which I used to love but eventually got tossed to the side when shiny new things came along, and I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite finds.


Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette - I got a lot of use out of this last year when I first bought it, as it was a handy little palette to carry around with me. But, with me being more of a shimmer shadow girl at heart, and this palette being made up of mostly matte shadows, I got bored of using it after a while and went back to reaching for my original Naked palette. Recently though, I've been loving wearing a really simple eye look paired with a bright lip, so this little palette has come in handy for me once again to create the natural look I'm after. I especially like the shade Naked 2, which is a light taupe colour.

Rimmel Apocalips in Apocaliptic - Like I said, I'm very much into my bright lips at the moment, so much so that I did a whole blog post on my favourite brights last week. One that missed the cut, because I'll be honest I'd completely forgotten about it, was Apocaliptic. I used to be obsessed with the formula of the Rimmel Apocalips when they first came out, so I've got a fair few in my collection, but this one is my stand out shade. It's a beautifully bright raspberry pink shade, perfect for summer! They are so comfortable to wear and the colour lasts very well.

Avon Ideal Flawless Foundation - Once upon a time this was my go to foundation - this one is actually my second bottle. But, being the beauty junkie that I am, I couldn't settle with just one foundation, and began trying the likes of Rimmel and Bourjois, and my poor Ideal Flawless became very neglected. Now I've tried it again, I'm not really sure why it became relegated to the bottom on my stash. The formula is so thick and creamy, but still blends out like a dream. The coverage is medium, but buildable, and the foundation leaves a lovely natural semi-matte finish to the skin. This will definitely be making it's way back to one of my favourite foundations in my collection.

Topshop Glow Highlighter in Gleam - This is one of my favourite ever makeup purchases from Topshop, so I can't believe I forgot about it for so long! Again this was once a go to product - I was using it constantly last summer but, as the colder months drew in, it got tossed into one of my makeup boxes never to be seen again - until now! Gleam is a shimmery gold cream highlighter which gives a gorgeous glow to the skin. The formula is so soft, glides on nicely and blends out effortlessly. As we are in summer again now (although you wouldn't think it to look outside today), this little pot will be going back into my everyday makeup rotation.

Have you tried any of these products? Have you shopped you stash and found any forgotten gems recently?



 

4 comments :

  1. super nice selection <3

    www.yourdoseofcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get the naked basics palette!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it? Such a handy little palette x

      Delete