Saturday 30 August 2014

L'Oreal True Match Foundation


I'd been trying to get hold of this foundation for ages before my friend Alison suggested popping to a local retail park after our catch up lunch a few weeks ago. I'd tried so many different Boots stores, Advantage Card points poised to make the purchase, but nowhere seemed to have my shade in stock, so thanks Alison for the suggestion! There have been a lot of good reviews floating around the blogosphere for this foundation, so I've been really curious to see if it really did live up to the high expectations I had.


What impressed my initially about this foundation was the range of shades available - 21 in total, something you rarely see on the high street. I'm always struggling to find a foundation pale enough for my skin, but this range will cater for all skintones. I opted for the shade N2 Vanilla, which is the ideal match for me now, but I hope to pick up a lighter shade soon for when my slight tan fades away.


The consistency of this foundation is quite light and runny, but this means it's very easy to work with and blend out - and it's not so runny that it's going to trickle down your hand when you pump it out. I find that one pump is usually enough to cover the entire face. I'd say this foundation offers a light to medium coverage. It gives your a nice natural even finish, but you are going to need to go over any pesky spots or scars with a concealer.

The finish to this skin is semi-matte, so this can still look good on oilier skins. For my dry skin, I found that it's hydrating enough to feel comfortable to wear. Be warned though, you will need to give your skin a good moisturising beforehand, as it does tend to cling to dry patches a little. In terms of wear, I can get around 8 hours out of it before it starts to look like it's fading away, so it's good to wear for a days work. These results were without primer, so if you tend to wear one on a daily basis you'll likely get better wear time.

Overall I'm really happy with this foundation. I don't think it will ever be one to reach holy grail status, but it will be a nice one to wear with an everyday look, as it has a lightweight feel to it, and I would definitely consider it as a repurchase. I'd really recommend giving this a go if you struggle to find a good colour match and you don't have the budget to look into higher end products - at £9.99 it's pretty affordable.

Have you tried the L'Oreal True Match Foundation? What's your favourite drugstore foundation?


4 comments :

  1. Must pick this foundation up, looks and sounds amazing!
    xprincessjas | x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard such good things about this foundation but it's so good to hear how it works on dry skin. I think I'm going to pick it up, largely because of the amazing shade ranges. I've actually got a sample coming in the post so I can check the shade before I buy it..I'm always paranoid about choosing the wrong shade!! I wish we could return foundations etc as they seem to be able to do in the US. Thanks for this post, really useful. Have a great weekend. x
    strupag.com

    ReplyDelete