Friday 1 August 2014

Life in July


July has been a bit of a mixed bag for me. It started off really well, with my birthday celebrations taking place on the first weekend of the month, but the end of the month has resulted in a few trips to the doctors, so it hasn't been the most pleasant couple of weeks.


So, as I mentioned, it was my birthday in July! It was a really lovely day, which started off with champagne with breakfast and then a little trip into Stratford Upon Avon (you can see what I got up to here). It was forecast rain for the day, but luckily it held out until we got home, so we were able to enjoy our lunch down by the river. In the evening I went out for a lovely meal with my husband, my sister & her boyfriend, followed by a trip to the cinema to see The Fault In Our Stars (yes, I did cry!).

The next day was time for some serious shopping at Birmingham's Bullring - I ended up spending all of my birthday money, plus some of my own as a little birthday treat to myself. I ended up posting two hauls on my blog, one beauty and one fashion, so you can take a little nosey at what I got, if you haven't already. Whilst I was there, I also managed to get a free birthday milkshake from Ed's Diner. If you have one near you, I'd definitely recommend signing up to their email newsletter - you get tonnes of great offers and their food is so good!

On the whole, the weather in the UK over the last month has been pretty damn good! It's been gloriously sunny and warm, it feels like we've actually had a summer this year! The only problem has been trying to get to sleep when it's still sweltering hot at night. I've been making the most of the good weather with a few trips out, including a BBQ at my friends house. It was so nice to see some of my friends and have a good catch up - some of them I hadn't seen since my wedding day! It was also the first time I saw my friend's mums garden since it had been finished - it's insanely beautiful, I am a tad bit jealous!

The past couple of weeks have been a bit up and down for me, as I've been a bit ill and signed off work as a result. It's not really been much fun being stuck at home by myself all day, but I have seen a lot of my gran & mum to keep me company, and my sister even took a day off work to spend some time with me, which was really nice of her. I won't be going into detail of what is wrong just now, but it may be something I share with you in the future.

To keep me a little busy during the day, I have been given a very exciting project of clearing out the spare room. Ok, so doing masses of tidying up, throwing out and furniture moving may not sound very exciting, but the reason why I'm doing it is! Hopefully this weekend, if not very soon after, I will be getting a new dressing table and makeup storage! I literally have makeup spilling out all over the place at the moment, so getting some proper storage for them has been long overdue. I'll also be selling some bits from my clear out on eBay soon, to recoup back some of the costs (yes, I know I said months ago that I was going to do this but life kinda got in the way!), so make sure you're following me on Twitter to see what goes up.

Finally, the last week or so I've been trying to get back into a healthy eating habit. I well and truly let myself go after I got married and now have a fair amount of pounds to shift to get back to my pre-wedding weight. It's not just about weight loss though - I've found myself feeling very sluggish since piling in the junk food, and want to go back to feeling nice and healthy again. I've signed up to Graze again, so I'll be receiving one of their snack boxes every week, as well as making a few more changes to my lifestyle to hopefully get me back on track - look out for a blog post about this very soon!

Hopefully August will bring back some sort of normality for me, including going back to work, as once this project is over I'm going to be pretty bored again! What did you all get up to in July?

No comments :

Post a Comment