Saturday 2 August 2014

July Beauty Favourites


How nice was the weather in the UK in July?! Aside from a few thundery days (I actually like a good thunderstorm, so I wasn't too bothered!), I was really warm and sunny. As I write this, it's actually pouring down with rain, so I guess we won't have such luck in August! Anyway, enough about the weather (how British of me!), here are the products I've been loving throughout July.


Since it's been so hot the last few weeks, I've been desperate for anything to cool me down, so I was very happy when The Body Shop Body Sorbets were finally released. Having tried a few sample pots before their release, I knew I was going to like them. They're so cool and refreshing on the skin, whilst leaving it feeling lovely and soft. I've been keeping mine in the fridge to keep it extra cool for those really warm days. As you can imagine from The Body Shop products, they smell amazing. I picked one in Satsuma and one in my favourite scent, Strawberry, which is the one I've been making my way through this month.

If you read my what I got for my birthday posts, you'll know that I finally got my hands on the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm this month, and I've fallen head over heals for it! Nothing has ever worked so well for my dry lips before, I couldn't believe the transformation. If you want to know more about the product, I've done a full on rave post here, but if you have trouble with dry lips all year round like I do, then I'd definitely recommend giving this a go.

I've been rocking the bright lip quite often, especially on evenings out, this summer but I've been mixing up which shades I use a lot (you can see my top picks here). In contrast, whenever I've chosen to go for a more neutral lip this month, there's only been one particular shade that I've been reaching for, and that is MAC's Peach Blossom. This lipstick had been on my wishlist for quite some time and, after failing to get hold of it in duty free, I finally picked it up with my birthday money. As the name suggests it's a beautiful muted peach shade and the cremesheen formula means it's so comfortable to wear.

I kind of got talked into buying the YSL Babydoll Mascara by the sales assistant in Boots, whilst I was in Milton Keynes in June buying one of their lipsticks. Once he told me that I would get 750 advantage card points with any YSL mascara purchase, I was instantly sold, I just had to decide which one to get. He was super helpful and went through what each of their mascaras does, and I thought Babydoll sounded like the best one for me. This has been the best mascara purchase I have ever made! The amount of length that this mascara gives is insane and it holds a curl really well. I think this may well be the first ever mascara I repurchase - I just wish I hadn't chosen such an expensive mascara to fall in love with!

My final favourite has been a very popular buy within the blogging world recently - the Too Face Natural Eyes palette. I can see why this little eyeshadow palette has been so raved about. All of the shades are nicely pigmented and soft, plus there isn't a shade within the palette that I would not wear. It's been the perfect palette for me this month, as I've been opting for a very simple eye look every day. You can see a full review, plus swatches, here.

What beauty products have you been loving in July?


8 comments :

  1. Peach Blossom is a shade on my wish list! Sooo pretty :)
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I really want to try the body shop sorbets, sound so good!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying to try the sorbets - they sound incredible xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want the too faced palette and the reve de miel so badly. Will end up succumbing at some point. X

    http://speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it - the Reve de Miel is a must have for me now xx

      Delete