Thursday 28 August 2014

Graze Box Review


If you've been following my blog for a long time, you may remember that I lost almost 4 and a half stone for my wedding following the Slimming World plan. Well, I have a little confession to make. Since getting married three months ago, I've been a little slack with my healthy eating and a few pounds have crept on. It's nothing drastic, but I'd like to take control of it now so that I don't slip back to my old ways again. Before I joined Slimming World, I had a Graze subscription and really enjoyed receiving my box of snacks each week, but when I realised I was going to have to syn them, I decided I would rather spend my syns on crisps and chocolate each day - looking back I realise this wasn't the healthiest option to take. So this time, I've decided to compromise and will occasionally snack on a little naughty treat, but the rest of the time I will be tucking into my healthier Graze snacks.


For those of you that have never heard of Graze, it's a snack subscription box service, which you can choose to have delivered to your door weekly, fortnightly or monthly (you can also schedule in a delivery break if you're going to be away). The box is narrow enough to fit through your letterbox - handy, so you don't have to be home when your box is delivered - and contains four individually packaged snacks.

What you receive in your boxes depends on how you rate them on the graze.com website. There are four different ratings to choose from - Bin, Try, Like, Love. When you first register your Graze subscription, everything will be set to "Try", but you can go through and "Bin" any snacks you know you won't like before the contents of your first box is chosen, so you'll get no nasty surprises (I instantly went through and binned anything containing coconut - yuck!). Once you've tried a snack, you can then rate it again - you can choose to bin it if you didn't like it, like it to receive it in future boxes occasionally, or love it to receive it more regularly. There's also the option, if there's something in particular you really want to try, to tick the "Send Soon" box, and Graze will try to get this out to you as soon as possible in one of your boxes.

So here are the contents of my first three boxes....

Week One

Week Two
Week Three
There's some really interesting snacks available on the Graze website, and the selection is much wider than the last time I had a subscription, with over 100 snacks to choose from. Everything I have tried so far has now received a rating of either like or love, which is really good going. It's really difficult to pick a favourite snack - at the moment I'm torn between El Picante, a spicy savoury selection, and the Honeycomb Flapjack. If I had to pick a least favourite from what I've tried so far, it would probably be the Korai Chutney. I wasn't too sure on the flavour of the chutney but I'm willing to give it another go as the curry bites were lovely.

Each box is priced at £3.99, which may seem a little expensive to some, but in the weeks prior to setting up my subscription, I was picking up a few healthy snacks in my weekly shop and was spending almost as much - and the options were nowhere near as appealing, so I think it's worth a little extra money.

If you fancy starting up a Graze subscription of your own, I have a friend code which you can use to get your first, fifth and tenth boxes free. Simply head to graze.com and enter the code WND2F5VKB before you register.

Have you tried a Graze box before? What's your favourite healthy snack?


3 comments :

  1. I have had Graze Boxes in the past and they are so good! You made me wanna order again. ;)

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, it's a great way of snacking a bit healthier as you don't need to prepare it yourself! xx

      Delete
  2. It's available in the US, it's $6.49 a box. All the nutritional values for each of their snacks is available on their website. If you only wanted the low cal options, there's a Calorie Counter Box which only contains snacks under 150 calories xx

    ReplyDelete