Saturday 9 August 2014

Brand Top 5 - Rimmel


If you read my "You can only pick one" beauty tag post, you'll know that I chose Rimmel as my favourite drugstore brand. Having sorted through my makeup stash recently, I've realised I have a lot of Rimmel products - I don't think there's one product type I don't have a Rimmel offering of! As I've well and truly tried and tested the brand over the years, I thought I'd share my top five products that Rimmel have to offer.


Match Perfection Foundation - I have various foundations that I like to wear at different times of the year, but I enjoy wearing this foundation all year round. I gives a medium coverage and leaves a nice natural looking finish to the skin - not too dewy but certainly not matte. It blends out really nicely with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and doesn't feel too heavy on the skin, so I can still wear it in the warmer months. The problem I have found with Rimmel (and quite a few other drugstore brands) foundations, is that the shade range is a little off, with the lightest shade often still being too dark for me, but the Match Perfection Ivory shade seems to be a lot lighter and suits by skin tone a lot better.

Wake Me Up Concealer - I'm not very adventurous when it comes to concealer, so most days I stick to my same pairing, which also includes the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. I seem to have found my ideal combo, so why fix something if it isn't broken?! I use this particular concealer for my under eyes. It really brightens up the under eye area and does a great job at covering up dark circles - I haven't been sleeping too well recently, so this product has been a real godsend!

Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liners - These little liners are really good value for money. I much prefer to use an eyeliner pencil than liquid liner, so I reach for these a lot. They glide on really nicely, blend out really well (but you do have to work quickly!) and have really good lasting power. In my opinion, these liners do just as good a job as the Urban Decay 24/7 liners, but for £10 less! I just wish the shade range was as good as Urban Decay's!

Moisture Renew Lipsticks - I didn't realise I had so many of these until I started sorting out my collection! To be fair, so many of the Rimmel lipsticks are good quality (I also really love the Kate Moss range), but having lived with dry lips for so long, I find these the most comfortable to wear regularly. They are nice and creamy and very pigmented. Unfortunately, due to the formula they're not quite so long wearing, but they hold up pretty well compared to other hydrating lipsticks I've tried. My favourite shades are Notting Hill Nude and As You Want Victoria - both completely different ends of the spectrum, but very beautiful colours. The only thing I don't like is the smell of them - very overpowering in the bullet but, luckily, barely noticeable on the lips.

60 Second Nail Polishes - Rimmel's nail polishes were some of the first I tried when venturing into makeup in my teens. Although the shade range is not huge, compared to the likes of Essie & Barry M, there's always still so many nice shades to choose from. My favourite formula from Rimmel is the 60 Second range. As the name would suggest, these polishes make your manicure super quick to do. They have a wide brush, so application is a doddle with less strokes needed, and the polish is really fast drying - perfect for when you're painting your nails in a hurry.

What are your favourite Rimmel products? What would your favourite drugstore brand be?


11 comments :

  1. I think the only thing I have from Rimmel might be their powder, I love it x

    Lizzie's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stay matte powder is really good but not something I need to use often - if I had oilier skin, it would probably be up there too! xx

      Delete
  2. I love the khol liners for my waterline, and they are waterproof, they really do last all day on my waterline! Love the shade of polish too :)
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love Rimmel too.. their Wake Me Up foundation is one of my favourites, now they have Light Porcelain as their palest shade xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't know they'd put in a paler shade, I may have to take a look xx

      Delete
  4. I love the Wake Me Up Concealer and Collection Lasting Perfection pairing too! I love the Bronze khol liner for my eyelids, such a gorgeous shade x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I don't have the bronze one, sounds pretty xx

      Delete
  5. I find the wake me up concealer shades to be quite pink and pale on me which is a shame as i do need a good under eye concealer x
    http://blushingbeauty9.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being a dry lip girl myself, I completely agree with you on the Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks. I really like the shade Vintage Pink. My first ever lipstick was from Asia from the original line, a 13th birthday present from my big sister (I was allowed to wear makeup at 13!)! Xx

    whentaniatalks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete