Tuesday 26 August 2014

Bank Holiday Haul


I am well and truly done with summer! The weather in the UK has been so cold and miserable recently that I can't wait to whip out my jumpers and boots, and vamp up my makeup a little. Unfortunately the clothes stores have not quite caught up with the weather yet, and they're still in that awkward summer/autumn transition phase, so there wasn't a great deal that caught my eye over the weekend when I went to bulk up my autumn/winter wardrobe. Nevertheless, I still came home with a handful of shopping bags.



Cardigan £12.00                                                                                     Jumper £10.00
First stop, just for a change, was Primark. I was expecting to spend a heck of a lot more in there than I actually did, so I came out a little disappointed. I guess if I go back in a few weeks time, they'll be much more autumn stock available to choose from. The first thing I picked up was this grey boyfriend style cardigan. I love this style of cardigan for just lounging around in, or for a really casual day out, but as far as I can remember I don't have a grey one stashed away. It's really nice and soft without being too fluffy. I also picked up a new top to wear for work, again in grey. It's a relatively thin jumper material with a cream collar and hem poking out, as if I was wearing a shirt underneath. I really like this style of top for workwear in the colder months. There were a few other nice colours there to choose from, but I resisted and just stuck with the one!

Cream top £8.00                                                                                  Stripy tshirt £3.50
Next up is this lovely cream tshirt with sheer shoulders and a silver & pearl necklace detailing along the neckline. I thought this would look really pretty with a blazer and skinny jeans on an evening out. I'm really loving nautical stripes at the moment, and have a really nice jumper from H&M which I will get a lot of use out of this autumn. For days when it's a little warmer (you never know!) or I fancy layering instead, I picked up this really basic stripy tshirt.

Shoes £5.00
I really like these shoes but right now I'm wondering if it will ever be dry enough to wear them?! I love the peep-toe and a little twist to the classic pump, and bow details are always cute. I was so torn between the black pair and the nude pair (if I was feeling a little more spendy I'm sure I'd have got both!) but opted for black in the end as it goes with everything - and shows up the dirt less! These are reserved for use over the next couple of months only, as I'm sure my tootsies will get too cole to stand wearing these as we approach winter, but hopefully that means these will last me through next year too.

Jumper £19.99
I had a bit of money left on a New Look gift card, which was burning a hole in my pocket, so I thought I'd pop in there and see what I could find. Again, I was a little disappointed with what was on offer. I did find a lovely pair of boots which unfortunately they didn't have in my size - boohoo! - I may be making a sneaky online purchase for those soon! I stumbled across this lovely peach/pink jumper and grabbed it instantly. I don't think I really have anything in my winter wardrobe that's this colour, so it'll be a nice addition. It's so super soft and the zip detailing at the front makes it a little different.

Barry M Gelly Nail Paints £3.99 each        Sanctuary Spa 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask sachet £3.00
Finally, what shopping trip would be complete without a trip to Boots? I tried to spend as little as possible this time, as I've got my eye on a few high end purchases I want to save for. I couldn't resist the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine polishes though - they are my favourite formula of nail polish. And seeing that ever-so-tempting 3 for 2 sign made it impossible to resist. I have quite a lot of spring pastels and summer brights in my collection, so thought I'd add a few that I could get some use out of in the coming months. In the end I went for Almond, Plum and Olive. Almond looks so pretty, I think that could end up being a new favourite. One skincare product I've heard a lot of people raving about recently is the Sanctuary Spa 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask. It sounded so interesting, the way it heats up when it comes into contact with the skin, and people have loved the results it's given them, so I wanted to give it a go. Unfortunately, my sensitive skin can be a little hit and miss when it comes to face masks, so I was glad to see Boots sold a little sachet of it, so I can test it out before investing in a full tube. Look at for a review of this soon!

Did you pick up any new goodies this Bank Holiday weekend?


6 comments :

  1. You picked up some lovely things! Love the Barry M shades!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so nice, I'm loving Almond at the moment xx

      Delete
  2. it looks like you got some great stuff! so jealous that you have Barry M and Primark over there. Wish we had them in the US. oh well. lol.

    Makeupland2011
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4880487

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shoes and jumpers! looks so lovely

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete