Sunday 4 May 2014

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Stereo Rose


I thought I'd missed my chance to get Stereo Rose. I was really gutted I wasn't able to pick it up the last time it was released and I'd been umming and ahhing over whether to pick it up when the Fantasy of Flowers collection was first released. But, having just imposed a spending cut on myself, I couldn't really justify buying it, even though I felt like I "needed" it. When I finally gave into the pressure, it was sold out on the MAC website, and I wasn't going to be able to get to anywhere with a MAC counter any time soon, my chance was gone. But then my friend told me she had just ordered it from the Selfridges website - why did I not even think to look there?! I hit search and there it was, in stock.



My favourite MAC product hands down is the MSF in Soft & Gentle, it's the most gorgeous highlighting product I have used. Stereo Rose is more of a blush, as it has more colour to it, but still highlights the skin giving it a nice glow. It's a peachy-coral shade with gold flecks running through it to give the highlighting sheen.

You do have to be quite light handed when you go in with your brush to pick up the product - it powders up very easily so you can make a bit of a mess with it if you swirl your brush around too much. But, on the plus side, this does mean you're not struggling to pick up any product!


It is quite subtle when you first apply it, just giving your skin a slight flush, so if you do want a bit more colour to your cheeks, you will have to build it up, but personally I'm a fan of the subtle look. Once applied it is the most gorgeous of shades, perfect for spring/summer and gives you a lovely warm glow without the over-the-top shimmer.

I've worn this a few times recently and would say I get around 7 hours wear before it's fading and, if you wear this for a night out, it's going to stay put for the duration, as I found out when I wore it on my hen party night. The product itself will also last you a long time too. Although, at £22, it is a little on the pricey side, from previous experience MSFs do last a heck of a long time, even with regular use, so you do get your moneys worth.

I've had a quick look and Stereo Rose is still in stock on the Selfridges site, so I'd hurry if you want to grab this one before it's gone again. Why is this product not in the permanent range?!

Have you bought MAC's Stereo Rose? What is your favourite spring cheek product?

2 comments :

  1. Eee I love Stereo Rose too! So Glad I managed to grab one a few weeks ago before they all disappeared xx

    Alice Anne | Annie Writes Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was part of the permanent line. Luckily my boyfriend treated me to mine so I was able to get it before it sold out xx

      Delete