Tuesday 20 May 2014

Lazy Day Eye Products


Don't get me wrong, I love experimenting with eyeshadow and have a ton of Urban Decay palettes (a post for another day, maybe?!) to prove it. But sometimes those days come along where I really don't have the time, or quite simple can't be bothered, to do a full on eye makeup look. This is where these little gems some in handy - the "one sweep and go" kinda products, which I find myself reaching for more and more during the summer months, when I'm wanting a more simple look for my everyday makeup.


My all time favourite products for a simple eye are the Maybelline Colour Tattoos. They are so soft and creamy to apply, blend out nicely and last for hours without creasing. I have quite a collection of these, and believe me it would be more if we had all of the shades over here that the US have, but the two I reach for most often are On & On Bronze (which you may remember seeing in my April Favourites) and Pink Gold.

When I'm looking for something even quicker and simpler to apply, I tend to reach for my eyeshadows in crayon form. My favourite of these, but also some of the most expensive on the market, are the Clinique Chubby Sticks For Eyes. These glide on like a dream, a couple of swipes across the lid and you are good to go. You have to work at them a little bit if you want a more intense colour though. Again, I have quite a few of these - I developed quite an obsession and amassed my entire collection in the space of a couple of months - but my favourites are Lots o' Latte and Whopping Willow.

There are plenty of cheaper alternatives to the Clinique Chubby Sticks on the high street, and my pick of the bunch would be the Collection Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencils. Whilst I don't think they apply as well as the Clinique sticks, less application is needed to get a good colour pay off, you'll just need to blend them out a little more to get a nice even effect. I find these pencils last really well too, though they do start to crease sooner than their higher end counterparts, but I'd come to expect that when they are around a fifth of the price! I think these pencils are a great alternative for those on a budget. I only have two of these - Vanilla Sky and Vintage Blush. Even on my non-lazy days, I find that Vanilla Sky is a really nice highlighting colour and will often wear it in the inner corners of my eyes.

l-r: On & On Bronze, Pink Gold, Vanilla Sky, Vintage Blush, Whopping Willow and Lots o' Latte
Do you have any of these products? What are your favourite lazy day eyeshadows?

No comments :

Post a Comment