Tuesday 6 May 2014

Everyday Makeup - Spring Edition


I've been meaning to do this post for a while, as it's been quite some time now since I switched my makeup bag from winter to spring, but better late than never I guess. I like to keep things much more simple for spring. Out come the lighter bases and the paler lip colours, before we hit the summer brights. These are the products I tend to reach for on a regular basis when I want a more simple everyday look.



Face

Occasionally, if I'm looking for a little more coverage, I'll opt for the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation, but most days during spring, I've been reaching for the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream. It's a great lightweight base which offers a light-medium coverage and leaves your skin with a healthy glow. You can see a full review of this here.
My concealer duo has not changed since my previous everyday makeup post. I'm still using the Collection Lasting Perfection for any blemishes and the Rimmel Wake Me Up to brighten up my under eyes. I've tried a few concealers since but nothing compares to this combo and I'll continue to repurchase these again and again.
My current everyday blush of choice is Benefit's Rockateur. It's a beautiful soft rose colour with a hint of shimmer to it, which makes it great for a blush-highlight in one. It's definitely one of the most subtle blushes I own, so not one I'd ever pick for a night out, but it's the perfect amount of colour payoff for a very simple everyday look.


Eyes

I keep my eyes very neutral most of the time and rarely experiment much with colour. My favourite eye product of the moment is the Maybelline Colour Tattoos, in particular the shade On & On Bronze. Most of the time, when I'm doing a simple everyday look, it's usually because I'm in a rush, and the colour tattoos are great to just sweep on your lids and go. If I've got a little more time, my favourite palette for spring has been the Stila In The Light palette. I love a bit of shimmer on the lids, so my favourite shades are Kitten (2nd on top row) and Bubbly (1st on bottom row) to sweep all over the lids and I'll occasionally go in with one of the darker matte shades in the crease for a more dramatic look.
A bonus of the In The Light Palette is that it comes with one of their Smudge Stick eyeliners in Damsel, which is a soft brown colour. For the longest time the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners were my liner obsession and I'd rarely use anything else. I don't tend to wear eyeliner often for an everyday look in spring but, if I do, it's the Stila option I go for these days.
In my last everyday makeup post, I mentioned that I was yet to find a mascara that I would regularly repurchase, but I think I may now have found that mascara in the Max Factor False Lash Effect. It gives my lashes a more fuller look to them without being too much for the daytime. I really want to get the waterproof version too for my holiday.


Lips

I tend to team most everyday looks with a nude lip and my favourite for my pale skintone this spring is the L'Oreal Ever Riche Collection Privee lipstick in Julieanne's Nude - what a mouthful! This is the perfect pinky nude for my skintone and glides on the lips effortlessly.
If I fancy a little more colour on my lips without going too bright, I opt for MAC's Coral Bliss lipstick. It's all about coral shades this spring and this lipstick is more of a muted coral, so it's more wearable everyday than your typical bright coral. It's part of the Cremesheen range, which means it's super moisturising on the lips too.
Both of these lipsticks were featured in my spring lip picks post, where you can also find some of my favourite brighter shades for a bolder look rather than the everyday option.

Do you own any of the products I've mentioned? What are your favourite products for an everyday spring look?

4 comments :

  1. Ooh that stila palette looks so pretty and love that lipstick :)

    mezmadeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stila palette is gorgeous - one of my favourite purchases this year :) xx

      Delete
  2. Wow love that lipstick! Loving coral this spring :)
    Sarah - Sarah D Adores

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a gorgeous shade. I actually picked it up in the autumn so I've been waiting to wear it! xx

      Delete